Chapter 14: Tears

"My heart is torn, please burn it instead

So that pain and regret, none of that would be left"

----------------------------------------------

It was raining heavily when she had to drag him out of that place. It took her double the effort because not only was he not willing to follow, he was also physically unable to. The weight of the man made her wobble a few times and she cursed at the fact that she had parked further away, hidden from the 'saleswoman's vision.

Taehyung cooperated very reluctantly at first, his head throbbing from the pain and the ongoing events. Tears flowed from his pained eyes, his life a curse for him at this point. Y/n ignored his whimpers and dragged him outside of the place, his arm around her shoulders and her arm supporting his waist. When they stepped outside the building, and as the light of the day hit Taehyung's face, his whimpers died down and he forced his eyes open. Straining his neck, he looked up and shivers travelled his entire body. The sky, even though covered by the heavy, rainy clouds, made him tear up. It had been so long since he had seen the light of the day and felt the fresh breeze of the wind against his skin. His breath hitched, his heart fluttering at the feeling of being out. Glancing at his profil from the corner of her eyes, Y/n repressed a smile and looked ahead again to let him enjoy the outside world in peace.

The silence between the two of them was liberating for him. He had no force to talk or think, he just wanted to feel the cold air, inhale its freshness, admire the various colours of the landscape. For an instance, he forgot about everything else. He forgot about the dilemma of chosing between the lives of his kids and the life of the woman that just freed him from that hell. He closed his eyes, he didn't want to think about it at all. So he blocked all thoughts from storming in his mind and let himself go for a short moment. He let himself depend on the shorter person holding him up, resting his head on top of hers.

The girl tensed up instantly when he placed his head on her. She pushed on her legs a little more to support the added weight. Turning her head sideways, she noticed how close his face was and her eyes immediately fell on his lips, her mouth parting unconsciously at the sight. It seemed as if the world around them vanished and her eyes couldn't stop admiring his features. She felt weird, something crawling in her stomach and her chest contracting, as if she was suffocating. Tearing her gaze away, she wondered why everything in her reacted so strongly when it came to him. Her mind, her body, every part of her; her reactions where becoming uncontrollable and she feared for both their lives because of it. She worried that one single glance of hers could end up getting them killed.

Y/n really felt damned. She never let her feelings loose around anyone else besides her sister. Her feelings for her sister were the reason she was murdered and she decided to never down such ominous feelings on anyone else.

But she did it with Taehyung. She did again, without even wanting it. She couldn't stop his life from getting ruined, and she blamed herself for it. She was supposed to save him in time but she ended up destroying him. The more she was around him, the worse it got. Seeing his beautiful face full of scars, she hated this world even more. She hated herself even more.

Her eyes analysed each part of his face; his dark locks had gotten longer, long enough to cover his whole front and his eyes. He still had his long lashes, and cheeks that made him look so innocently handsome. his lips, that attracted her tremendously, were chapped and had lost their colours. Her chest tightened each time her eyes fell on the many bruises and the dried-up blood. Something inside of her cracked and all she wanted was to take him in her arms and protect him. Her arm tightened around his waist to break her stance, her thoughts driving her in a dangerous zone she had blocked whilst growing up in her world.