prologue ; letter from the minister

l o n d o n - 2 0 3 8

Ms. Scamander,

Good day. I am writing this letter to you for the sole reason that I, Minister of Magic am suggesting you partake in an investigation on a certain case.

I am aware that you are an Auror, and the Ministry's most proficient one at that, but I think you would be a big help on this pending case.

England government has not approved about androids yet, but we are sailing in the oceans of technological advancements. I have received news from my colleague at the Magical Congress of the United States of America that there had been reports of these androids becoming deviant to their owners to the police.

Investigators think that these events are causes of errors in the androids' software, but few think it is something more, including the President of MACUSA.

You, Ms. Scamander, are the best Auror in the Ministry right now. I want you to partake in this investigation and find out the cause of deviancy.

You will be sent to Detroit, Michigan via portkey in two days after you receive this letter. I have some connections, and have already secured you a place in Detroit Police Department's Investigation Team.

Enclosed in this envelope are the papers you need in the station to be an official member, and the address for your new home in Detroit.

Silvestre will escort you to the portkey’s location and will join you in your first week in the city.

Good luck.

Hermione G. Weasley
Minister for Magic