two ; new home

l o n d o n – 2 0 3 8

Today is the day I’ll be leaving London. It’s crazy to think that within a few hours, I’ll be in another country, another city, in another environment.

It is eleven in the morning, and by afternoon Silvestre will be here, and then we’ll apparate to wherever the portkey is. He hasn’t told me the location, he just told me that “I’ll see later.”

I go to the kitchen and make breakfast. My last breakfast here for a long time, I guess.

Later, when I finished breakfast and taking a shower, I plopped down on my bed and waited for Sil.

Of course. Late as always.

“Finn!” I call. The owl comes flying from the living room, and lands itself on the foot of my bed. I feed him a treat.

“Stay there, let me write a quick letter to Sil,” I say, grabbing some parchment and ink. Shit, where’s my quill?

That’s the weird thing between the Wizarding world and the Muggle world. We still use quills, ink and parchment but simultaneously use pens, phones, and other technology the world has to offer. 

By the time I settled for just writing with a pen, there was a knock on my door. Guess I won’t have to write to Sil anymore, then.

“’Sup,” I greet him. He’s wearing more weather-inclined clothes now, unlike two days ago when he went here.

“Hey Tine! Uh, hurry up and get your suitcase now, since uh,” he checked his watch. “The portkey leaves in five minutes.”

“Wha-five minutes?! Why didn’t you tell me before going here? I could’ve said my last goodbyes to this place or something,” I laugh and rush to my bedroom.

“It’s not like you’re staying in Detroit forever, Tine!” He yelled from the living room.

I call Finn and put him in his cage, check if everything is in place, take one last glance at my bedroom and leave.

I go back to Silvestre. He waits by the door, his own suitcase in hand.

I look at my things. It’s like I’m going to Hogwarts again, but with less baggage and I won’t be running into a wall this time.

“Ready?” He asks, and I take his arm. I’ve already told my landlady – who is also a witch – I’ll be going somewhere, and that I won’t be back until further notice, Ministry’s orders.

“Off we go,” is the last thing he says before we apparate to...an open field?

I look around, and there was a man by the edge of the cliff. The portkey was an old-looking chair. Silvestre and I walk to him.

By the looks of him, the man seems to be working in the Ministry, but from a different department.

“Good day, Ms. Scamander, Mr. Malfoy. Helios Gallagher, Department of Magical Transportation. I am here by Minister’s orders to make sure you travel safe and properly to the City of Detroit,” he says, pointing us to the portkey.

“Please get ready. The portkey leaves in,” he glances at his watch. “Thirteen seconds. Have a safe trip. Ten, nine, eight, seven...”

I take hold of the chair, and so does Silvestre. I look at Finn and Lia, Sil’s owl, and give them a smile.

“...six, five, four, three...”

One last look at the London skyline.

“...two, and one.”