sixteen ; hide

d e t r o i t - 2 0 3 8

"Remember, you cannot be seen by yourself, let alone anyone when using a Time-turner, Florentine."

"Yes, Nana."

"Good luck on your mission."

I was still at the rooftop, waiting.

The door goimg to the broadcast room busted open. There they were.

The other three androids weren't hurt, but Simon definitely was.

"I can't move my legs..." Simon exclaims, resting his body against one crate.

"Okay, don't worry! We're gonna get you back," One of them said, he had the same voice as of the android who made the speech, so I'm guessing it's him.

"They're coming, Markus. We have to jump, now!" The female android says, impatiently. She put her gun in the holster, straightening up her parachute.

"He won't be able to make the jump," The other male android says. " If they find him, they'll access his memory... They'll know everything."

That was what Connor was trying to do, just before Simon shot himself.

The female android shook her head. "We can't leave him behind... We have to shoot him."

"That's murder!" The other male android exclaimed. "We can't kill him! He's one of us!"

The woman gestured to the android that made the speech. "Markus, it's your call."

The one named Markus shook his head, pulling out a gun.

"I won't kill one of our own. Simon, we've gotta go," He handed Simon the gun. So that's how he had one. "I'm sorry. Let's go."

They ran to the ledge. I heard footsteps coming rapidly from the stairs. The SWAT's coming.

Simon scrambles to hide, going to the other side of the crate to not be seen.

I was on the crate right behind that of he's hidden, I was almost seen by him if I hadn't hid.

"Over there!" A SWAT officer says, following Markus and the others to the ledge. They were too late, the androids already jumped.

I waited for all the officers to go downstairs, and for Simon to get into that storage area.

"Hey," I say, knocking on the door to where Simon is. "I know someone's in here."

Simon didn't answer, as expected.

"I won't hurt you."

"Simon, I'm not on their side. Trust me."

The door swung open, and a gun was pointed at me.

"How do you know my name?" Simon asks, keeping the gun trained on my heart.

I raised my hands. "I saw everything earlier when your friends jumped. Please, I mean no harm."

He didn't budge.

"I want to help you, Simon."

And finally, he put his gun down.

"What's your name?"

"Florentine. You're losing blood," I state, looking at his bullet wound. "I'll take you to my place, alright? I can help you there."

I didn't give him a chance to speak. I grabbed his arm and we apparated back to my place.

"You're-" He starts as I set him down on the sofa. "You're one of them."

I look at him, confused. "What do you mean?"