twenty - two ; the storm

(sorry for being inactive, i have school :^^( but, thank you for 1.58K <3)

d e t r o i t — 2 0 3 8

“Connor, where are you going?”

I stare in confusion as the RK800 shifts away from our path on the way to Hart Plaza.

Where the demonstration will take place. Where we take our chances of living to see the dawn.

We have just left Woodward Church, and we were going to demonstrate in front of the humans.

We all knew they were waiting. For us. For this final moment of truth.

Connor, though, seemed to have other plans.

“I’m going to Cyberlife Tower,” He states.

Is he crazy? He wants to infiltrate Cyberlife Tower? That’s suicide!

He studies me, waiting for a reaction.

The one he gets is absolutely not pleased with what he’s about to do.

“You’re going to do what? Connor, no, you’ll get yourself killed—!” I take a few steps towards him, more confused now.

In times like this, CyberLife is at utmost security. Why would Connor even think of setting foot near there?

“I know, I know,” He says, trying to calm me down, putting his hands on my shoulders. “But Florentine, this is our only chance to shift the balance of power.”

I look at him with furrowed brows, unable to make sense of what he was saying. I say nothing, urging him to continue. He does.

“There are thousands of androids in the CyberLife assembly plant,” Connor explains. “Think about that. If I’ll be able to wake them all, the humans can’t do anything. It’ll shift the balance of power drastically, Tine.”

He stares at me, eyes both convincing and reassurring. “This might be our only chance.”

I hate that he had a fair point. And most importantly, I hated that he’ll have to risk his life.

If he’s found out, he’d be killed immediately, on the spot.

“I’ll come with you--”

“No, Tine. It’s too risky--”

“And you think you going there in itself is not?

He fell silent, and sighed.

“They know me -- they’ll let me in. And I promise you, Florentine, I’ll return. With an entire army behind my back. Not a corpse.”

Again, I hated that he had a point.

Going on bickering like this will get us nowhere. My expression fell, a gloomy one matching the cold winter.

Wrapping my arms around Connor gave me a little bit of warmth, though. I wanted to stay like this. But I know I couldn’t. Every second wasted here is a second wasted in waking up those androids.

“Take care, Connor.”

“I will.”

“If you don’t come back here alive, I’ll kill you, dipshit.”

He chuckles, and with a last glance at me, turns around and walks the opposite direction as Jericho.

I watch him go. This may be the last time I see him.