thirteen ; close

d e t r o i t — 2 0 3 8

“Detective, it’s three twenty-five A.M. — when was the last time you had rest?”

“Yesterd—”

“A good night’s rest.”

“Uh...”

“That’s what I thought.”

Connor and I were still at Ambassador Bridge, I didn’t realize we were there for that long since all we did was talk, I showed him a few spells, and he educated me about androids and Cyberlife.

“Alright, let’s walk back to Glass Towers then—”

“I just contacted your car. It will drive itself here and will arrive within thirteen minutes.”

Oh.

I can collect my car through my phone, but that option is cancelled because my phone died about thirty minutes ago.

Well, Connor did think in advance, since he is technically CyberLife’s most advanced android.

I looked at the android. “Where do you even go when you’re not with me or Hank?”

“I go places and research more further into the cases, or I leave myself on standby mode, similar to what humans do, sleep,” He replies.

Oh, so he’s kind of like an explorer when he’s alone?

“Well uh, you’re welcome to stay at my place, if you want to.”

“Okay, Detective.”

The car arrived exactly when Connor said it would. We walked up to it.

“I’ll drive,” Connor announces. All right, then. I got in the passenger seat.

I looked through what CDs I had in here from my Muggle stash as Connor drove, courtesy of the Weasley family and some, of myself.

“Ah, there it is,” I say, pulling out one beloved album of a Muggle band.

Connor stole a look at it.

‘I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it,’ by The 1975. Release date: 26th February 2016, and it has seventeen tracks,” He stated.

Seriously, the wonders of technology.

“Never knew I was only a year old when it was released,” I said.

I put it on shuffle, and one of my favorite songs fron the band started to play.

I’ve got a God shaped hole
That’s infected

It’s been so long since I did this... driving in the early hours of morning with this kind of music playing.

And I’m petrified of being alone now
It's pathetic, I know

London is pretty decorated with snow, but I see Detroit has something to offer, too.

But I thought nothing — nothing — could compete with a snow-decorated Hogwarts.

I missed that huge-ass castle.

And I tossed and I turn in my bed
It's just like I lost my head

I took a look to my left.

Connor. The android sent by Cyberlife to complete this mission. Looking straight ahead at the empty road, hands on the wheel, completely focused.