Miss Nail Techie

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright of Ava Lovett, Miss Nail Techie.
The reproduction or use of this material without authorisation is clearly prohibited. Any manipulation, republication, or transmission by any means, either by electronic or mechanical, including the use of photocopy, recording, or information storage is illegal. The use of so could result in punishment by law.
All Rights Reserved.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A B O U T

Book 2.0
1.0 | Miss Incomplete
2.0 | Miss Nail Techie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

D E D I C A T I O N

To all my girls and boys who've always had to cover up their culture—their identity to fit in. To all the boys and girls that were shamed for speaking another language, wearing traditional clothes, and mocked for being non-white. We are powerful, strong and beautiful and this story is for you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S T A T I S T I C S

Begin: 4/21/2019
End: 12/20/2019

1st Place in The Glory Awards (Diversity Lit)

Reached 10K on 8/18/2019
Reached 50K on 1/25/2020
Reached 100K on 8/20/2020

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S Y N O P S I S

If life had gone her way; Lila Pham would've never have to touch bases with her heritage, her stature as one of the most popular girls in school would remain untouched, and her crush on the local new kid would have morphed into a more intimate relationship beyond their awkward-hellos in greetings.

The issue at hand is life doesn't always go according to plan. She has a senior project due that prompts her to connect with her culture (in every aspect and form); her three best friends silently battle between the title of being the most popular girl in the high school hierarchy; and her crush just happens to be completely oblivious towards her giddily reaction towards him (while being incredible adorable while doing so).

And just to top it off, her hidden job as a nail technician — that she carefully covered and concealed for the past three years — just happens to be stumbled upon by some bubbly kid named Kenji Nakamura that barely seems like he wants to be there.

If things had gone her way: senior year of high school wouldn't have turned out to be such an experience it was leading up to be.

Though, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

W A R N I N G

Swearing

Sexual references

Display of racism and homophobia

Slow burn