12 | My Name Is Lila Pham

After Beckham gave me the address to a local public library for our tutor session, I immediately went into beautifying myself

After Beckham gave me the address to a local public library for our tutor session, I immediately went into beautifying myself. Since the meet-up time happen to be at five, and my arrival to my house was mid three, I had an hour to revamp my, well, everything.

I didn't want to come in with too much makeup — but I didn't want to come too short. I decided to go light-weight; filling in my brows, false lashes, lip gloss and some highlighting. Not too much but enough.

Once I finished with my face, I put on my contacts and changed into some comfortable yet casual clothes. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard, but I didn't want to sell myself too slobby. In the end, I decided on black jeggings, a grey top and a denim jacket. I finished with white Nike running shoes.

A quick onceover in the mirror, I took my backpack—filled with my math textbooks and notebooks—and carry them out to the front. Less than half an hour on the clock, I hopped into my car and took the turn towards the library.

My hands on the steering wheel as the thought of what would happen play through my head. My heart beating strong in my chest at the mere idea of Beckham and me together, alone, in a library studying. Maybe I'm overplaying too much romantic movies I've watched in my head but I couldn't help but dream. Beckham and me. Beckham and me. Beckham and Lila.

Beckham.

The GPS directed me over to another turn, and with two hands connected to the steering wheel, I rotated over to the left. The library building begins to appear into view and I eyed the details from the outside.

I've always studied at home, and only used the library during school hours. This one seems small, with little to none cars parked in the parking lot of the building. The structure was built on red bricks, and had large window panes on the sides of the walls. Once I had pulled up and exited out of the car, I walked closer to the automatic doors.

I was first greeted with the cool AC air. The library was dense with book shelves, and there was countless vacant tables and chairs. My eyes move around, turning side to side, in search for a blond haired boy.

The library ladies at the front gave me a look, probably asking silently for me to move out of the way for incoming readers that wants to enter the library.

With a wordless agreement, I moved to the side, my footsteps clicking against the hardwood floor until I feel a hand placed on my shoulder. I spin around, about to scream for safety until I'm met with the familiar crystal eyes. Beckham.

"Don't scream!" He said in a rushed panic, seeing my lips parted, about to let out a yelp. "I thought it would be funny to scary you... I guess it wasn't funny after all."

If it was anybody else that decided scaring me was a fun, practical joke, I would've gave them a glare and left them at the spot. But it was Beckham, my crush, and as much as it spiked my heart rate thinking this innocent library meetup could turns into a horror movie opening sequence, it was just a joke.