Chapter 2

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens;

 but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

-Helen Keller

After talking to the QB (queen bee) I open my locker and notice someone looking at me.

It's a girl, she looks at me as if she was admiring me. As she notices me looking at her, she decides to look away.

- Hey - I say while walking up to her.

- Oh, hey, sorry for staring - she says, she looks nervous.

As I get a closer look I notice that not only her hair is brown but her eyes have a hazel-brown color and her skin is paler than mine. She has glasses on, so nobody seems to notice how beautiful she actually is, she looks real, damn she could even be a prettier and a better "queen bee".

- Why would you excuse yourself? Looking at other people is nothing bad - I say with a sincere smile on my face.

She chuckles and looks at me.

- Talking to me is social suicide and you shouldn't be talking to me, Allison seems to like you - she says sounding worried.

- I don't care about what Allison thinks, you are nice and definitely not as fake as everyone I have met here - I say thinking of how sad it is that someone who looks as nice as her doesn't have as much "friends" as Allison does. But maybe it's better that way.

Suddenly we hear the bell ringing.

- Time to get to class - I say with a sad tone.

- I'll see you around, it was nice to meet you - she says.

- Wait, what's your name? - I ask.

- I'm Ruby, what's your name? - she answers with a happy tone.

-My name's Kira - I say.

She nods and continues her way.

I search for my classroom and find it right on time.

As I enter the classroom I see a teacher in her early thirties, she seems nice.

- Good morning, are you the new student Kira Evans? - she asks.

- Yes, I am, it's a pleasure meeting you Mrs... - I say waiting for her to tell me her name.

- Collins, Mrs. Collins - she answers smiling at me.

The bell rings again and I know it's time to start the lesson.

- Please everybody take a seat! - she yells.

- Where can I sit? - I ask politely.

- You can sit next to Asher Grey over there - she points towards a black haired boy.

I start walking to my place and sit down.

- Are you new? - two boys sitting behind me, ask.

- I am -  I answer kind of annoyed.

We have literature aka my favorite subject. 

As I look at Mrs. Collins explaining something about our grades I see from the corner of my eye that the boy sitting next to me is checking me out.

I smile at the thought, I then notice I haven't really seen his face.

I look at him.

- Could I borrow your marker please? -  I ask while taking a closer look at him.

I didn't notice before but his hair falls perfectly in its place, just a strand seems to fall right into his face giving him an "I just woke up" look. His eyes are blue, the kind of blue that makes you lose yourself in them. He looks arrogant but at the same time you see that he does care.

- Sure, just give it back at the end of the lesson - he answers.

Wow, he's nice? I didn't expect that.

I see a lot of girls giving me a death stare as they see me talking to him, so I guess that he's pretty popular.

- I'm sorry, but could I ask you something? - I whisper to him.

- I guess you can - he answers, you can see that he cares about this class as much as I usually do.

- Are you popular or something? I mean, look at them - I say, pointing at the girls looking at me.

- I don't like to describe myself as popular but I guess you could say that, the two boys that talked to you before are my best friends; Hunter and Lukas - he answers while I look at him.

- Oh, so you're the famous trio every girl is talking about? - I ask curious.

- Yeah, that's us - he says.

- Why are you talking to me? - I ask confused.

- You started talking to me, it's rude to ignore someone - he answers with a duh-tone.

- You know what I mean - I say rolling my eyes.

- You actually talked to me, most girls here usually don't talk to me because they're afraid of rejection or some crap like that - he says looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

- I'm not "most girls" - I say whispering.

- Mr. Grey, Ms. Evans, do you want to tell us something? - Mrs. Collins asks.

I blush and look at Asher's reaction, he looks embarrassed.

- I'm sorry Mrs. Collins, we were just wondering  what book we're going to read this year - I say saving us both.

- It's okay Ms. Evans, just don't do it again, now coming to this year's book... - she continues.

Asher looks at me with a playful smile and mutters a "thank you".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooooo, I hope you really enjoyed this chapter, I'm kind of on a loop and I can't stop writing so yep...

Please vote and comment so I know you liked it, btw. just know, you can suggest things, maybe I can write a better story with your suggestions.