Chapter 12

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."

-Albert Einstein

Recap:

It's my first time in detention and I don't really know what to do, so I just sit there looking at the clock, hoping it's over.

Just I think I'm about to die someone texts me.

"Hey, it's me, Hunter, did you talk to Ash?" - I see on my screen.

"I did" - I type.

"Good, I need to talk to you about something" - he answers.

"I'm in detention right now" - I type quickly.

"Meet me at the parking lot at half past five, I'll pick you up there" - he answers.

"See you later" - I text him.

After a really long "detention time" I was really tired.

I just wanted to go home and sleep, that was until the moment I remembered about Hunter.

I start to walk to the parking lot, but as I try to open the door and go outside I notice someone staring at me...

- Hey, kitten - he says with a mocking tone.

Oh no... If he sees Hunter he'll probably die from a heart attack.

- Hey Blue Eyes, I should get going - I answer impatient.

- Wait, I wanted to talk to you about earlier - he says looking at me with puppy eyes.

Just as I'm about to answer I hear my phone ringing.

It's Hunter.

- Hey, where are you? - I hear from the other line of the phone.

- Oh, I'm sorry, I'll be there in 2 minutes, got distracted, it seems like someone can't get out of my way - I answer looking at Asher.

- It's fine, see you in two minutes then - Hunter answers from the other line.

He then hangs up, leaving me alone with my blue eyed demon (again).

- What was that about? - Asher asks.

- I told you, I have to go - I answer trying to sneak out.

- Wait, do you want me to drive you to your destiny? - he asks curious.

- It's fine, someone's picking me out - I answer.

- But kitten... - he tries to say.

I'm about to walk out, when I notice I can tease him a little, just a little.

I start walking, stop to kiss him on the cheek and whisper something onto his ear.

- Goodbye, Blue Eyes - I whisper.

I reach the parking lot before he can even move from the shock.

Hunter's already waiting.

- Sorry, Asher was kind of in the way - I say chuckling.

- It's fine, I know how he can be... - he says.

- I don't know, he was just being kinda weird - I answer nodding.

- That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about - he says after a while.

- Sure, but I think the parking lot isn't the best place to discuss these type of things - I say.

- Oh, yes, I wanted to take you somewhere, come on - he says opening the front passenger seat's door for me.

I hop in the car and wait for him to hop in as well.

I don't even have a clue where he's driving us to.

But just at the same moment he starts the engine and drives us away from school our phones-and hundred of others- receive a message.

To the whole school:

Hello People,

As you know, we have a new girl at our school. Her name's Kira and damn, she's doing fine, I mean... It's her first week and she has already hung out with the trio. In fact, right now she's driving somewhere with her new love interest Hunter Hamilton.

Totally ship, does our handsome Asher Grey ship them as well?

-xoxo anonymous school news girl

After I read the message I begin to shiver, what the hell had happened?

My calm and happy face changed to a scared, pale and fragile face.

- Are you okay? - Hunter asked without knowing anything.

- Pull the car and read your messages - I answer coldly.

- What? Why? - he asks confused and worried.

- Just do it please - I say with the same cold tone.

He pulls the car afraid of what that message will contain.

He unlocks his phone, checks his messages and sees it.

He reads it.

He looks at me and pulls me closer.

- Thank you - I say.

- For what? - he asks.

- For this hug - I answer hugging him even more.

- It's going to be okay, you know how Asher is, he'll probably be mad the first days, but you know as well as I do, that he can't stay away from you much longer than two days - he says trying to cheer me up.

I don't even know why it hurts, I mean, obviously I don't know Asher that much, but I know he cares about me and he doesn't like me hanging out with Hunter behind his back this much.

And I hate that he had to find out this way and with such hard words from our "anonymous school news girl".

From what I know it will probably be Allison and I'm not scared of confronting her , but right now I have to focus on myself.

- I'm fine, thank you again Hunter - I say to him.

- So, can I start the car again? - he asks shyly.

- Of course you can - I say with a more cheerful voice, but I can't seem to let the thought of Asher reading those words leave my mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey people, this chapter was longer than the last one, and full of drama (AGAIN).

I hope you like the story so far.

Love you <333