Chapter 6

"Challenges are what make life interesting and

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

-Joshua J. Marine

- I can explain - we exclaim simultaneously.

Ruby looks at me, then at Asher, then at me again.

- I thought you weren't interested in anyone Asher, there are like ten girls inside waiting for a date - Ruby says coldly.

- Yeah... Maybe I should go inside - he says trying to cool things off.

I nod and stand up.

He looks at me, gives me a smile without Ruby noticing and goes inside.

- Do you mind explaining? - she asks.

- I swear, it wasn't what it looked like - I answer trying not to smile at the thought of me and him laughing.

- I don't need an explanation, but he is one of the most popular boys here and I don't want you to get hurt, he could have anyone he wants even though he doesn't go out with girls - she answers worried.

I can understand where she's coming from, but something tells me she doesn't have to worry that much. He made me laugh, in a way I hadn't laughed in a long time.

- It's okay, we were just laughing, we aren't even friends - I say, so she knows everything's fine.

- Did you see Jess and Katie? - she asks.

- Aren't they inside? - I reply with a worried voice.

- I didn't see them - she says looking at me with a scared expression.

I take her hand and we start searching for them inside, we find Katie but Jess is still missing, we go upstairs trying to find Jess.

We hear someone but don't think it's a big deal, until Katie hears Lukas in the same room.

She enters the room and sees Lukas on top of Jess kissing her and even adding hickeys to her neck, Jess seems drunk and Lukas as well, they probably won't remember anything tomorrow.

Still Katie doesn't seem to care and she seems really hurt as she storms out of the room.

- Katie! - Ruby shouts.

- Go talk to her, I'll talk to them - I say to Ruby while pointing at Lukas and Jess.

Ruby leaves the room searching for Katie.

- You two, what do you think you're doing? - I ask with an "I hate you" tone.

- Kira? Is that you? - I hear Jess ask, slightly confused.

- It's me - I say.

- Kira? Wait, aren't you the girl he can't stop talking about? - Lukas asks.

- Wait, who's "he"? - I ask curious.

As I wait for my answer I notice that Lukas has passed out.

I already hate him.

- Jess, we should get out of here - I say, hoping she'll agree.

- You're right - she answers.

Just as I'm wondering if my parents will kill me if I show up with a drunk girl, a sad girl and two worried girls (aka Ruby and I) somebody yells my name.

- Asher? - I ask.

- I heard what happened, where's Lukas? - he asks angry but at the same time worried.

I turn back to point to Lukas but then I notice he isn't there anymore.

Where the hell is he?

We look at the floor and see what seems like a corpse.

I look at Asher, he looks at me.

His electric eyes look like they can't contain it anymore.

He starts laughing and as that beautiful laugh fills the room I can't do anything but laugh, and we're there, laughing again about something really childish.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey people, I know my chapters are short af, I'm sorry.

I love you all and I would appreciate it a lot if you vote and comment(give me feedback)

<3