Chapter 7

"Love is a serious mental disease."

-Plato

I take Jess outside with Asher's help because he thinks that Lukas can take care of himself (he's passed out on his bed).

- Are you meeting Ruby in front of your car? - he asks.

- We are - Jess answers.

I feel like something's off, they don't really seem to trust him.

Actually... The question is, why do I trust him?

- Okay, I guess I should get going then... - he says, as he notices Jess's bitter tone.

- Yeah, I think that's a good idea - I say, not really sure if I'm doing the right thing.

But as I see him walking away I remember, I remember that I left Hunter alone even though he gave me company at the beginning of the night.

Fuck, how could I have forgotten about him?

- Wait! - I shout at Asher.

Jess looks at me as if she's thinking "girl what the fuck are you doing, how stupid are you?".

- Yes? - he asks confused.

- Find Hunter and tell him I'm sorry for not coming back, but I really have to take Jess home - I order him.

- Will do - he says and puts his hands in his pockets again.

I look at his figure disappearing as he enters the house.  

- Damn it! - I say to myself.

Jess seems to hear it but I guess she doesn't want to talk about Asher, after all, we have to find a solution to the mess her drunk self created.

- Kira, start the car - I hear someone shout.

- What? - I ask.

- It's Ruby, just do it - Jess says firmly.

I start my car as fast as I can and Jess gets in the car even faster than a leopard could catch his prey.

I don't have a clue of what's happening, but I really don't care, I just want to get out of here as fast as I can.

As soon as I see Ruby and Katie are in the car, I just start driving.

- Where do you live? - I ask Ruby.

- Me, Katie and Jess have an apartment 15 minutes away from here - she says.

- Wait what? You three live together? - I ask surprised.

- Yes, actually maybe you can come by some time - she answers calmly.

- I would love to - I admit.

After we arrive at their apartment and Ruby makes sure they get to their respective rooms I get an SMS from my mom.

Shoot, I forgot to tell her where I was.

"Honey, where are you? I know you are old enough, but just let me know you're okay."

- Do you want to stay? - Ruby asks.

- I should go home, my mom is really worried - I say - maybe some other time - I add politely.

Just as I want to start my car again and drive back to my house Ruby looks at me and asks something I didn't think she'll ever ask.

- Do you like him? - she asks with caution.

- I don't know him, we were just being nice to each other - I answer.

- Have a safe trip - she adds.

- I will, hopefully - I say.

After a long drive home...

I enter the house, nobody seems to be awake, I see that mom just passed out on the couch, probably waiting for me.

I go to my room and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

After a 6 hour sleep...

I wake up to the sound of somebody calling me, as I look at my phone I see the caller ID "Ruby".

The first thing that goes through my mind is "something happened, fuck".

- Hey Ruby, everything fine? - I ask half asleep.

- Where the hell are you? School is about to start! - she says as if she's about to explode.

- Wait that? What time is it? - I ask really confused.

- Almost eight o'clock, Kira - she answers sounding clearly stressed.

- I'm coming - I yell at the phone.

I don't have even time for make-up or even breakfast, I put on the first thing I find; a white shirt, blue ripped jeans, a grey "jacket" and my white Converse shoes.

I have the feeling that today is going to be a really long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I'm noticing that this story is going to have a lot of chapters since I need like 3 chapters pro day lol.

I'll try to change that, I promise.

Love you <33