c h a p t e r 6

blood flowed down my leg.
I was shocked,so i screamed and covered my mouth with my hand.
tears rolled down my cheeks.
a few seconds later,i found myself on the floor holding my belly with one hand and covering my mouth with another,crying and screaming so loudly my throat hurts.

i collapsed and the last thing i heared was someone opening the door and rushing towards me.

><

*beep beep*

i blinked my eyes a couple of times before opening them and looking a around.
"Sungmi? Sungmi!"
hyerie wrapped her arm around my neck.
"Im-im sorry. I really really am"
i looked at her,confused.
i was not in my right mind.
"Huh?"
i lifted the blanket that was layed on my body.
the baby bump i spent my good 5 months with is...gone.
the baby didnt survive.
i bursted into tears and i quickly pulled hyerie into a hug again. then, hyerie bursted into tears and now the room is just filled with cries.

*creak*

someone opened the door.
mark was standing behind it and his eyes widend when he saw me. it was my first time seekng him with glasses.
Mark rushed to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him very tightly because i just cant stand the fact that he's involved in this too even though we're total strangers from the start.
Then i let go of mark and gave him a peck on the cheek and said thank you.
the doctor said i would be dismissed the next 2 days if its 'asap' and Hyerie volunteered to take care of me overnight. Im perfectly fine but i do need someone to keep me company.
"Where's Taeyong?"
both of them looked at me but none of them answered.
Does taeyong know about this?
What will he react?
Will he be sad?

[text form]

me-
taeyong
please reply
yong ah
please

i decided im not going to tell him about it.

me-
umm
im going to go somewhere
with hyerie soo...
i wont be here until two days.
ill go to your dorm the next day.
bye.

i never got a reply but i let it slide.
hyerie told stories and stuff to brighten up the mood and mark just stood at the side,laughing and giggling. i only smiled,because thats the only thing i can do.
as they continously laugh,i cut off.
"Do you think ill move on?"
they went silent,and once again no answers.
"sigh. nevermind"
i layed on my back and watched the empty white ceiling.
only images of my pregnancy journey flashed through my mind.
i cant think of anything else.
nothing.

<the next 2 days>

"Im glad youre finally dismissed"
its actually quite early for a dismissal.
but i begged to be dismissed because of the upcoming.
Hyerie said while helping me get up.
i was dismissed in the evening.
hyerie sent me to the dorm and went out to buy dinner.

i walked around the house feeling nostalgic. once again,this house seemed foreign. i remembered everything from that night. even the slightest details from it. i shook my head to get back to my senses.
i went upstairs and into my room.
i looked at my right and saw the setup i did for my 'newborn'.

i remembered hanging up the pink banner to represent the gender.
i remembered laying a fluffy carpet on the floor so that the baby wont get hurt if she fell.
i remembered building her crib i bought from ikea.
i remembered hanging up empty frames so that i can put the pictures in later.
but i mostly remembered the feeling of happiness and excitement during the process.
i took out my second ultrasound picture and a tear came rolling down my puffy eyes.
i smiled.
finally.
i admit. i regret this early preparation. i regret having high hopes. but i didnt regret carrying a bump on my bely.
having this baby bump is probably the best thing that had happened in my life.

i showered and got ready to go to taeyong's dorm.
as i walked downstairs,i saw the Fendi paperbag taeyong gave. i just remembered i didnt get to see the bag that day so i carried the paperbag towards the sofa and plopped down.
i opened the paperbag to reveal another bag. the dustbag.
and in that dustbag is the actual bag.
i cant remember anything else apart from his bittersweet memory of him and me. it somehow makes me...feel better.

. .

*knock knock*

hopefully he's home. if he isnt,then i have to go down almost 100 flights of stairs bcs his dorm is on the highest floor and the lift is under construction .

"Hel- oh hi Sungmi!"
Taeyong opened the door and he's wearing a very nice pair of blue silk pajamas with a silk robe over it.
"Hi,Tae-Taeyong"
ah shit. why did i even stammer.
"Whats...wrong?"
he asked as he cupped my left cheek with his right hand.
i gulped.
ive never been as nervous ever.
he backed up and looked at me head to toe.
"Oh youre wearing the bag i-"
he sounded so happy then he stopped.
it was a few seconds of just dead silence.

"Sungmi,is the baby-"
he didnt finish his sentence but i rushed to him who was 2.5 feet away from me and grabbed him in my arms.
he was too tall so i can only afford to lay my head on his chest.
i cried again.
i believe he was just looking to the distance with his head straight and tears rolling down his cheeks because i can feel his tears dropping one by one on my shoulder.
our biggest excitement only turned out to be the biggest nightmare.
i cant believe it all happened.
it felt like it was just a few days ago when he paid for my drink at the bar at took me to his house.

we settled down and sat on his 3 people fit couch.
i lifted up my legs to the couch and wrapped it with my arms.
he served me a hot chocolate and i smiled as placed it on the coffee table of his.
"be warm"
was his last words and i know he's trembling.
he walked straight to his room without saying anything else.
i know how he felt so i followed him to his room leaving the hot chocolate and the new bag behind.

i opened the door and saw taeyong with his phone being the only light source in his room despite it being extremely dark.
As soon as he saw me,he sat back up
and wiped his...tears.
"Oh,im so sorry. i didnt know you need personal space i-"
"Do you think theres anything personal between me and you?"
he questioned me while getting off the bed.
"umm...its not like we're m-married"
i tucked my strands of hair that was falling out of my ponytail.
i looked down because the fuck did i just say.
"do you want to be?"
i looked up and the first thing i saw is his face.
so close to mine.
i moved a step backwards because of him being too close but i didnt realise his cold hands were already fixed on my waist.
if youre good at science,you'll probably know what happens next.
it then make me shot back in front of him,in fact,closer to him.
his lips is on mine now.
but this kiss was deep.

i then felt his cold hands going through my shirt which made me flinch a little while his lips connected to mine.

"i love you,sungmi"

. . .

a/n (1.3k words)

nope. no. im not kinky.
anyways hye:)) how hv you been?
didnt upload AT ALL bcs exams is killing me🔫 but exam ended so...i can finally upload more again.
Superhuman just released and i think its SO GOOD. taeyong looks fly as hell in the mv and i oop-

so thank you to anybody that read this book when i had a break
and i cant wait to surprise with more chapters! <3

love ya °•
-markleetea 👼🏼

COPYRIGHT 해순 2019,
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED