c h a p t e r 8

"Huh?" i questioned.
he was unbelievably rushed,i didnt know what for.
"Just come" he pulled my hand as he grabs it swiftly and led us to a very small residence park with a playground,a basketball court and a few benches. the grass looked very well kept,with perfect circular trees.
"So,tell me"
he sighed.
(what is with him and sighs istg)
"I...well im-"
"Next time k. im sleepy ill get huge eyebags tomorrow"
I walked away,expecting him to actually follow my lead,but i cant hear his footsteps so i slowed my pace.
"Im going away"
i turned around.
"Hhahahahah. If this is some clichè drama stuff youre cancelled"
"not exactly"
i walked back to him.
"Are you serious?"
He nods.
"Why?"
"...Some personal issues i guess"
"Taeyong if this is serious,i strongly think your excuse isnt,so im taking it as a no"
"Im leaving in two days,spend as much time as you want with me,because thats what i really want to do with you"
I dont even know why this clichè drama felt real to me.
i walked closer to him and layed my head on his chest.
"love you."
i said playfully while smiling,the really wide smile that makes you feel like dimples are forming.
he cupped my face then moved it slowly until its directly in front of his neck and bent his head down(because im smol like that).
and kissed my lips.
my body mysteriously malfunctioned at that moment so not even a muscle is moving.
a tear dropped.
just one.
i know he knows im not actually the way i acted.
but it will just make it worst if i acted like myself.

i pulled away.

"If this is the last kiss...then you can proceed"

my voice breaking,wiping my tears away and closing my eyes,
hoping for something at least.

he took a deep breath,then
hugged me.
it took me 5 seconds to get back to my conciousness and cry on his chest afterwards,like a 5 year old crying while hugging her mother because she lost a carnival game except im not 5 and its not something stupid.
"But why?"
He didnt say anything,while i was loud with my cries and sniffs.
he only looked down at me.

the night was weirdly quiet today,just the sounds of our footsteps.
i try to make the best out of the last moments like this but i cant. i kept shut,remembering evrything that happened between us and how it us true when they say, "youll miss it when you lose it".
all the memories then fade.

"so,sungmi. any plans later on?"

taeyong said,probably trying to break the silence and the awkwardness.
im sure he felt how painful it is.
"no.not yet"
i realised that ive not been into studying lately,more to social life and so on.
the baby is still in my memory,the biggest dream and the biggest nightmare. one of it,i cant tell.
im sure he's also hurt,but he never really showed it.
"how about you?"
were talking like strangers now,like how we talk when we first met a certain somebody.
i hate this feeling.
"well,probably doing some business shits to replace my dad's fortune later on i guess"
right,the rich one.
"ive been wanting to ask you this,but why arent you in a private university? youre so rich and stuff but you dont really show it-"
"i dont want to-"
"i feel stupid and stubborn"
he continues.
"not all poor likes being poor and vice versa" taeyong said.

thats when i realised all the opposites are connected somehow.

><

he dragged me to his room.
i didnt even notice it,cuz i was too tired to think.
he layed me on the bed.
he layed himself beside me and mumbled some stuff that i wish i was awake to hear all of it.

he kissed my lips.

he tucked me in.

he stroked my hair.

he pulled me close to him.

and said
"i love you sungmi"

and god i wished i said i love you too

><

i woke up to the annoying scream of the blender. i walked down the stairs to see taeyong in an apron.
"umm what is this exactly?" i asked,appointing the ingredients laid out on the counter.
"breakfast!" he said with excitement.

he's slowly becoming like mark. oh god.

"breakfast?can you do it?"
"sit back and relax baby, i can do this all day" he cracked his knuckles and i chuckled,amused by his action.

><

"jjang! breakfast is served,lovely maiden"
i looked at the plate it was very pretty,the waffle, the blueberries,the strawberries AND the whipped cream.*chefs kiss*
i didnt want to exaggerate so i only said "it was good!"
and nothing else.

he smiled widely which was actually really cute,then headed upstairs.
he didnt even serve himself.

i followed him up and saw him taking out all the clothes out of his closet.
so this really is iT. he's leaving.
i really dont think the my old self could actually believe the fact that i would care about something like this when all she wanted to do was study and ace.

><

he spent the whole day packing,we didnt speak a single word. there was no lecture for me today so i thought it would be a good 'mind clearing-stress free' day.
we didnt eat lunch together, and i expected him to say something about it but yet no words. yet.
he must be exhausted.

i walked up the stairs with a cup of cold water to see nothing. well not nothing-nothing but colourless. the bed sheets are not there,the decorations on the shelves are gone and the clock is detached from the wall. he really did clear everything.

"taeyong,here. i brought you water"
"thanks"
he sniffs and lifted his shirt to wipe his face and reveal his abdomen.

"do you want extra set of hands?"
"nah,its fine.im almost done"
"yeah.i can finish the 'almost' "

he then smiled and looked at me which was a sign he wanted to say 'yea sure' but just didnt have the urge to.

><

i was too tired so i fell asleep on one of the boxes
the whole house was empty.
i was also there alone.
so this is it.

i legit almost abandoned this
love you guys a lot!

-haesunn
🦖

thank you sm for voting<3
stay safe!

COPYRIGHT 해산 2020,
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED