c h a p t e r 1 3

i kept thinking about his statement to the point where i would isolate myself.
so should i treat her nicer? she went through the same thing i did anyway.

i walked out fully clothed in appropriate work attire.
"sungmi,where are you going?" taeyong asks as he saw my form enter the living room from the hallway.
"find something to do" i simply say as i slipped on a pair of loafers.
"im not forcing you to work,just stay home!" he says,trying to stop me from doing stuff.

"if i stay here any longer i'd rot"

><

i crossed my fingers before walking into the room where the job interview is held,praying i'd pass this.

i walked out of the room with flying colours finally having a job after being unemployed for more than a year. it does not pay much but it'll do.
"congratulations" someone said and my head immediately swings towards the unidentified male in a suit. he approaches me and grabs my hand out of the sudden,into a handshake.
"welcome intern,im taerin"

><

he treats me a coffee,probably trying to use me to kill time. "dont you have work?" i asked while taking occasional sips.
"tons..." he says with a laugh.
"oh-" i paused. so am i disturbing him?
"...but its totally fine they're just small assignments" he jerked the topic off like its no big deal.
"what are you assigned as?" he twirls the straw around,making sure the sweetness were not sunk on the bottom of the cup.
"bulletin. how about you?"
"the chief executive officer" he lets out bluntly.
i almost choked on my coffee.
"but its no big deal" he says while people that pass by us bow before continuing their way. "should i do that-" i asked indicating the bow.
he laughed while shaking his head,his jet black hair swaying in the motion.

><

as i entered the house,i was greeted by the presence of taeyong. "where did you go?"
"find a job" his arm brushes against mine as i passed him and plopped onto the couch.
"at?" he asked.
"LEE Corp" i simply say as i looked for a remote to change the tv channel.
"LEE Corp?!" he repeated those words, wanting to make sure he heard me right.
"What's wrong?" i asked,confused why he would sound so shocked. he didn't answer my question,as if he's on mute.

i gave up on trying to find the remote and got up to my feet,approaching the frozen taeyong.
"You should stop caring about what i do. please pay full attention to your pregnant girlfriend" i walked away.

< 3 months later >

i patiently waited for all the papers to be printed massaging my shoulders after a long day at work. suddenly i felt someone hug my back and i smiled as i saw the face of Taerin. he starts to leave trails of kisses on the back of my neck before i stopped him. "someone could see us" i say as a giggle escapes my mouth.

"I always miss you. I don't want to only see you during work hours" he whined and formed a pout.
"says who?" i grabbed the printed papers and straighten them.
"says the always busy sungmi" he crossed his arms, flexing his arm muscle.
"im a working lady mr taerin" i pushed him aside to walked away,leaving him behind.

"unless we get married" i say with a grin.
he pulled my hand, stopping me from walking away. he took the printed papers from my arms and placed them on top of the printing machine. he gives me a kiss,slowly getting deeper into it.

"then live with me" he pauses and continued immediately after,not giving me time to say anything.

><

As i started packing, someone knocks on the door, interrupting the process.
i turned the doorknob and the door slowly opened as taeyong enters the room.
"whats this?" taeyong asked after he saw the mess on the floor.
"none of your business" i chimed as i pushed him out. "im serious" he pushes me instead,his strength beating mine.
"im finally moving out. aren't you glad?" i answered his question.
"glad?"
"you could finally lift a burden...hooray!" i pushed him out again,rolling my eyes as i do so.
this time,he didn't fight back or say anything.
i slammed the door shut as soon as his form was approximately a meter away from the door,to prevent injuries.

"are you sure?" i hear his faint voice from the other side of the door.

"what could go wrong?" i let out buntly.

thank you guys sm for reading & voting or leave comments love you loads!
stay safe <3

COPYRIGHT ©
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
MARKLEETEA 2020