c h a p t e r 11

i opened my eyes to see a dim lit room, covered with pictures. i rose to my feet from a crossed legged sitting position and looked around.
theyre not just any pictures. pictures of me. but it shows the things i've never done before

then i heard voices and pumps

...and my eyes opened to the real world.

><

i heard faint voices call out my name and my eyelids slowly open themselves.
"sungmi..."
i cocked my head to my left side and saw taeyong. he looks miserable.
"sungmi,oh my god!" he pulled me into a hug.

"tae...mark?" i asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

he paused and let out an exasperated sigh.
i shoot up the bed and asked again in a louder voice. "taeyong wheres my husband?!"
he looks disappointed. it was only a matter of time before i figured it out. he's gone.

><

"she just needs time. she'll get out soon" says someone on the other side of the door.y legs were wrapped in my arms. this place is compact and has very little space but i could clear my mind here.

"sungmi..." i hear taeyong's voice on the other side of the door,speaking in a very soft tone,unlike him.
"...mark served us well. he told me to tell you he loves you till the end of time"
i bawled,crying like a baby. probably pissing off  everyone on this building.

"taeyong,she just needs time"

><

i see it again. those pictures.
i decided to observe them this time,taking a closer look.
my smile was wider than any smile ive ever had. it was at a rollercoaster ride.

and my eyes open again.
i sneezed uncontrollably caused from the amount of dust that had stuck up my nose. i finally made the decision to step out and i was blinded by the awfully bright hospital. i then stumbled and was caught just in time before i fall to the ground and knock myself out again.

i look up and squinted my eyes. his head shaded the light from my face and i was able to see clearly again.

taeyong youre still here...

><

"drink this and get a hold of yourself"
i chugged down the glass water,getting rid of my dry throat.
he then passes me a napkin,indicating me to wipe my runny nose.
"here,you left this" he shows me my wedding ring...and mark's.
i snatched it from his palm. i sniffed to contain my cry.

"there was only one ambulance left,so mark told them to bring you in first" taeyong let out,his tone dropping as he adds his words.

he protected me from the crash,and he sacrificed an ambulance even when his injury was worse than mine.

"are you telling me they took me in first even when this is the only injury?!" i pointed to a bandage on my forehead.
"you were covered in blood so no one was able to identify who was in worse condition" taeyong tried to calm the fire built up in me.
he risked his life for me. his future.

"take me to mark"

><

his funeral was held three days ago. taeyong said hyerie cried like crazy after finding out about her late brother's passing.

"he's a great man" taeyong let out as we stood in front of his grave in silence.

i miss him.

and knowing i wont get an answer breaks my heart.

the rings that marks us as a married couple now stays shut in a box . along with all his things.

like he said,i'd have to move on.

><

"so you live in korea now?" i say as i jump off his vehicle.
the condominium building looked exquisite,and it definitely suit my likings.
"i've been living here for years its just that im invisible" he ends it with a chortle,happy with my reaction.
it's been years since we had these kind of conversations and im suddenly relieved to feel it again.

we both stood silently in the lift,not moving a muscle. i was still admiring the modern interior that made this whole place seem more like a 5 star hotel.

"hold this" he passes me his phone while he digs into his pocket to retrieve the house keys while we stand outside of it.

before he even inserts the key into the keyhole,the door opens revealing a chestnut haired girl.

"taeyong,you're home!"

her belly had a bump.

a/n
morklee:((
-haesunn 👜

thank you guys sm for voting!
stay safe and hv a blast quarantine<3

COPYRIGHT ©
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
MARKLEETEA 2020