CHAPTER 1

Xiu Ying's POV:

As soon as I got my luggage, I went outside of the airport and hailed a taxi.

I can't wait to see him after 6 years in abroad!!

I told the taxi driver the address of their family's home.

...

When I was infront of their door, I knocked on it, and the knob twisted.

Is it him? Am I finally going to see him, after years of waiting?

The door opened, revealing...

Wen Zhang Wei, his older brother.

"X-xiu Ying? Is it you? You could've texted or called me, so I-"

"W-where's Junhui-ge?" I asked.

"Oh. Uh... he's with someone that our parents' arranged a marriage contract with. I think they're having some sort of family dinner (?)"

"M-marriage contract?"

Zhang Wei nodded.

"Where is he right now?" i'm just so desperate to see him, after those years of waiting.

Zhang Wei told me the address, and I immediately went there.

...

As soon as I arrived the place, I saw Junhui, with a girl.

She's really pretty and seems nice, no wonder why their parents picked her for Junhui.

I took few steps and called, "Junhui-ge!!".

They both looked at me.

"Xiu Ying..." I read Junhui's lips.

Of course, I could understand him. I have known him since we were young.

I approached them and hugged Junhui.

But, he didn't hugged me back.

He gently pushed me away, and stared at me with a serious look at his face.

"What? You don't r-recognize me?" I stuttered.

"You're my childhood bestfriend, how come I couldn't recognize you?"

Right. Just. Bestfriends.

"By the way, meet my fiancé, Huang Li Na," he added.

"Wang Xiu Ying. Nice to meet you," I told.

"Nice to meet you," she bowed, and shook hands with me, while smiling, gracefully.

"I'm sorry, Junhui-ge and Li Na-jie, but I got to go," I bid goodbyes with them.

I just can't take it anymore. They're way too perfect for each other. She's beautiful, and Junhui's handsome, their visuals are ethereal.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
ㅡ and that's a wrap for chapter oneee!! it's only short, 'cause this book is only a short story. thank you for reading this book! ♡

✎ lex // 032929