𝟎𝟏

I could feel the sunlight, that was streaming through the window, on my eyelids. I slowly pried my stubborn eyelids open and reached over my bed to, quite aggressively, hush my alarm coming from my phone. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and checked the buzzing social media nightlife that was thriving while I was peacefully asleep in my bed. It wasn't until I got a text notification from my mom asking if I was awake yet that made me realize, it was 6:20, and I had ten minutes to get ready.

I frantically jumped out of bed and rushed to my personal bathroom to begin a sped-up and shortened version of my morning routine. Thus, I skipped the warm shower I was destined to have and instead put dry shampoo in my hair, and made sure to wear extra deodorant and body spray.

After finishing my teeth care and skin care, I moved onto makeup which, thankfully, was minimal for me. I only applied some concealer, powder, a small amount of bronzer and blush, and mascara. I was now off to my dresser where I hastily snatched a pair of black leggings and threw them on without a thought. I then rushed to my closet to pick out a yellow oversized tee-shirt and a light blue jean jacket. I grabbed my Apple Watch off of it's charger and checked the time, 6:28, my bus comes in 2 minutes. I frantically grabbed my dirty white vans and my backpack and rushed out the door of my bedroom and bounded the stairs to my kitchen.

I then proceeded to grab an apple from the fridge, throw on my vans, and ran out the door just in time to catch the bus.

"Good morning, Ellis," my bus driver greeted me. "In a rush again this morning?"

"Good morning! And of course, aren't I always?" I laughed as I took a seat somewhere in the middle of the bus.

I then plucked my earbuds from my backpack and proceeded to put them in and listen to some music as my rushed breathing calmed.

Soon enough we arrived at school and it was time to endure torture for the next three hours. My mom is picking me up in the middle of the day to head to the airport. We're going, as a family, on a cruise to Mexico.

***

My first two classes, my only classes of the day seeing as each class is an hour and a half long and I'm being picked up early, were surprisingly enjoyable. We took notes and watched videos in my AP Psychology class and all we had to do in Ceramics is work on our projects.

When it was time for me to go to the office to get signed out early, I happily left and skipped the whole way through the parking lot to my mom's car.

When I arrived at her car, she joyfully greeted me, saying, "Are you ready to get this vacation started?!"

"Hell yeah!" I responded to her as I practically bounced up and down in my seat.

My mom carefully pulled out of the parking lot and made her way to my siblings' school. She then walked inside and signed them out. Within minutes, we were on our way to the airport for, what I didn't know at the time but would soon find out, one of the most life changing vacations.

***

Two hours. We've been waiting to board the plane for two hours at this point. My mom decided it would be an amazing idea to get to the airport three hours before we board, just in case we get stuck in security. We were in and out of security in ten minutes, so, we've been waiting for quite a long while.

About twenty minutes later, our attendant started calling for boarding groups and so we got in line.

As we boarded the plane, I couldn't help but ponder the possibilities of a cruise, seeing as it was my first time being on one. What was it like? Who would I meet? I had no idea. But what I did know was, no matter what, I was going to love it.

***

heyyyy guys! so i started a new story. i'm sorry this chapter is short, but the more i write, the longer the chapters will be. i'm very emotionally attached to this story so i feel like it'll be more inspiring to write.

but i gotta say, voting and commenting does encourage me to write more! so, vote and comment if you like the story so far!

love you guys .
-ally