Chapter 5 - Hiking Up Feelings

After arriving at the Olympic Village, we soon headed to settle down in our rooms. We got to pick our roomates and I obviously chose Liz. Without wasting a second, we scurried to our rooms after bidding farewell to Matt and obviously after getting his room number. 

As soon as we entered our soon to be home, Liz and I immediately crashed on our beds. We had made so many plans for this trip so I was pretty excited but my body seemed to disagree because all I wanted to do was snuggle up and get some rest. However, I reminded myself that I had to keep my eye on the prize and thought that maybe I should start off my checking out the gym. 

Liz, on the other hand, had other plans. She wanted a relaxing evening with her best friends before we headed down for the Opening Gala. And hence, Matt was invited over to watch a movie. I had no idea how having Matt over would coincide with a relaxing evening but I simply agreed not wanting to hear her rant about me not prioritising my friends. We both knew that it was not true and we both knew that it was just her lame excuse, but that’s just how we were.

Within a few seconds the doorbell rang and I turned over to Liz. How could he have arrived so soon? Liz just shrugged and asked me to get the door because apparently she had done her part by calling him over. 

“Hey, got the chips” a voice that clearly did not belong to Matt greeted me.

Holy Guacamole. In front of me stood a beast, wait, scratch that a greek god. With a tight tank top hugging his well-built muscles and some shorts, he truly looked like a snack.

“Done, checking me out” his magical voice brought me out of my trance.

Before I could reply, I looked up to check who he was. Immediately I knew I regretted forgetting his voice. It was none other than the famous Nico. 

“What are you doing here?” I questioned. Surprisingly, he looked as shocked as I was.

After a quick glance at the door number, Nico knew he was in the wrong and boy did his face show it. 

“Omy, I’m so sorry, I thought this was my room and oh god this is so embarrassing, well once again I’m so sorry for disturbing you and like seriousl-”

“Stop, your rambling” I cut him off with a smile.

“Oops sorry, I better get going then”

As I was about to close the door, I saw him turn away. Interested to know where his actual room was, I left my door open. What can I say, guilty as charged. After looking at the door number, he went into the room directly opposite mine.

I was not really able to understand if I was sad or happy about this new found information. All I knew was that things were going to happen, for better or worse.

Before I could go back to the comfort of my bed, the doorbell rang again. Goodness, was I ever going to get a break. Sighing I walked back to the door and having learnt my lesson checked the eyehole.

It was just Matt. Thank goodness. However, unlike Nico, he didn’t even bring a bag of chips which could have definitely brightened up my mood.

Soon after, we all settled down and turned the television on. We started to watch a mexican movie about two explorers who were looking for the mysteries of an ancient temple held. All in all, it was an excellent cliche with the two leads falling in love and the typical mysteries of the mysterious land aiding them in their love life. Not really my kind of entertainment :(

Matt and Liz were fast asleep. In fact, I don't even think they caught the ending of the movie. Sighing to myself, I knew that I would not be able to sleep at that hour and decided to head out for some fresh air.