Chapter 9 - Spin the Bottle

Cursing myself for not recognising him before, I looked away from him before he could question me further.

"Umm, yeap I just forgot"

I fumbled with the many bottles, confused as to what exactly I was supposed to do. Was I supposed to wash off the blood, use a cotton pad or apply some cream?

Seemingly, Nico had noticed my lack of medicinal knowledge and took over "Here, I'll help"

Pulling up my skirt, I showed him my wound.

"Oh that's a nasty one, it's going to be a tough tight and the chances are quite low. At least you've got Dr. Nico to save the day" With that he got a chuckle out of me, making me forget all about the wincing pain I had before.

His steady hands seemed to always be in control and know what exactly to do next. Step after step, he did it with patience and caution with the occasional look up to check if I was okay.

Although he was just helping me out, with the close proximity, all I could notice was how his eyes were a dark green. They seemed clear yet hazed and I wondered if it was just the alcohol. Seemingly hiding another entire world there, I watched his jaw clench and unclench showing off a clear definition. His cheekbones were just hinting out but not giving much away. Only then did I notice he had a few specks of light freckles sprawled across his nose and cheeks.

Suddenly,I was making eye-contact with those fiery eyes. Before, getting melted by them, I realised I had been caught staring.

"You're hurt too? Where?" I said, hoping to change the subject as he finished up with my cut.

"Nah I just came for another type of alcohol" he chuckled with one of the bottles in his hand before pointing to his bicep which had a plaster on it.

After he finished up with my wound, he went over to his friends. Deciding to do the same, I scouted for Mikaila.

I got a raised eyebrow and a what-took-you-so-long look from Noah. Choosing to avoid enmosity, I walked over to Mikaila instead and chatted about the mysterious cupboard before Trent said we had been invited upstairs for a game of spin the bottle.

It was a unanimous vote for all of us to head there and I decided to trudge along just making sure I didn't go anywhere near Noah or Leah who were deep in conversation at the moment.

***

As we entered the VIP Lounge, I realised it was a totally different scene from the one downstairs. With an abandoned pool game at the side, most of the people were in a circle, getting ready for the game I presumed.

Surprised to see some familiar faces, I realised the entire Crew was there! This coincidence is the kind of blessing I hope to have everyday I thought as I introduced everyone.

This indeed seemed like a big game with around 20 people there. I guess more options is always good, especially when most of these options were hunks.

Quickly settling down, I wedged myself in between Oliver and Mikaila who both seemed thrilled to meet one another.

"We tried to find you but after a while we thought you had just gone back. It is like 2am you know" Oliver whispered.

I hadn't even kept track of time. Usually, I was the first one to leave, no wonder they had thought I had left. Screaming internally for being so irresponsible, I was just relieved that I had Ollie here to take care of me if anything.

Among the 20 or so people, it was hard to spot where the familiar faces were.

With the game starting to catch heat and all of us into the momentum, I was excited to see my turn approaching.

Soon, I realised this was more of a hilarious entertainment than sexy a game.

Within the 15 minutes, I had seen Trent going in for a deep kiss with Mikaila but Mikaila gave him a peck on the forehead like his mother instead.

It only got better when Timmy had to kiss Becky but ended up in a game of tonsil-tongues with Leo instead when Hannah dodged.

When it was Leah's turn, it landed on a random guy who she gave a peck on the cheek to and proceeded to fully devour Noah who was next to her. After a few others turns, she seemed to be finally done with her make-out session and gave me a triumphant smirk. Goodness this girl, why couldn't she understand I couldn't care less about what she did with Noah.

Yet, I found myself staring at them during that entire time.

Only Ollie's dorky laugh brought me back to reality. Looking for what had amused him so much, I broke into a spit of laughter as well. Joshua was unwillingly going to kiss a random boy and had his eyes closed. Instead, Noah's butt was only a few centimeters away from Trent's lips.

In a few seconds, Trent had realised what he had kissed and was seen wrestling Joshua to the ground.

Following that, Oliver kissed Mikaila on the hand like the gentleman I knew he was as Mikaila laughed it off. Only then, reality sank. I was next.

Taking a deep breath, I spinned the bottle, waiting anxiously to see who it would land on. As it came to a halt to the person directly opposite me, I looked up and squinted my eyes to see who it was.

There he sat, with his fitted white tee and casual smirk.

Nico, was looking at me or more importantly, my lips.

Author's Note

Hey lovelies! I know this is quite a short chapter but I must cut it here if I want to keep the suspense while ensuring the story doesn't simply drag on! Hope this kept your interest peaked and I can't believe we are almost done with ¼ of the book!

Stay tuned because this is just the beginning. With there still being the Olympics and a whole future up ahead after that I have a lot of surprises in store!

Continue looking forward to it and keep commenting and voting to show me your interest and thoughts!

Much love,

foodbourne