Chapter 7 - The Crew in a Threesome

Despite not knowing the exact location, it was easy to arrive at the venue without being lost. Following the countless Olympians who were easy to spot with their muscular built and huddled in excited groups for a rare carefree night, I arrived at what seemed to be a nightclub. It was clear that this was an exclusive Olympians only scene. Thank goodness I had brought my card as I pushed through the crowd.

I was greeted by the blinding visions of green, red and blue disco lights that provided very little help for clear vision. A strong waft of hard alcohol was pertinent in the stuffy air. Loud music and sweaty bodies enveloped the club reminding me why I was not much of a party girl. Scanning the crowd, I tried to find the familiar faces of Matt and Liz. After what seemed like an eternity, I gave up on my search mission and waved over to some team mates. Grabbing the first drink on their non-alcoholic list, I rushed over to their table.

"Hey Hannah!" I hollered, fist bumping Ollie at the same time.

"Heard you roomed with Liz on the 37th floor nice! I am stuck with Ms. snores-a-lot here on the 5th floor," chuckled Hannah.

"Be glad I put up with you, neat freak. I swear you should be thanking the gods for an amazing roomie like me" Becky snickered in reply.

"Oh yes, I am extremely humbled to have the prestigious honour of rooming with you my majesty" she glamoured with a curtsy as we all laughed our heads off.

"You know, I would gladly room with any of you" Timmy raised his eyebrows flirtatiously at the girls.

"Oh but I'd miss you a whole bunch, especially our deep-talk-thursdays hunny" said Leo in a high-pitched voice hugging Timmy which obviously startled him that his body went rigged and eyes bulged out.

"Don't leave me out, I love a good threesome!" jumped in Oliver with his brutal hugs, leaving Leo and Timmy disgusted.

Oliver and I went way back. Like sandcastle buddies back. We were classmates right up from kindergarten and I had the pleasure of watching him grow up (more like cleaning up after his heartbreaker mode year after year). Our love for swimming is what united us from the beginning but by the time it was highschool, we moved cities and schools, each for the benefit of our training. Luckily, we still met often for national training and kept in touch often.

Hannah too, was a friend I shared a past with. We had gone to the same high school and were teammates on our high school team. However, we never got to bond outside swim practice during those years. Only after national training, where there were limited familiar faces and endless ferocity and grit were we able to push ourselves to open up and be more than just teammates.

The rest of the crew I had only met through national training and was quickly familiarised with.

Timmy was a wild player, just like every other guy on the swim team. God knows what he does to convince the girls, because unlike the others who at least give the girl some hope by making her their girl, Timmy does not do relationships. Like ever. Oh and he was also a national youth chess player. A weird combination of specialties, to match his weird personality I would say.

Becky is kind of a mean queen. She is blunt and curt but surprisingly has never hurt anyone. She knows her limits I guess. To be honest, I was initially terrified of her and her goth-like presence. Soon after, I got to know her other sides which were surprisingly kind and loyal. The red streak in her hair might give away her dark outlook but never her gaming obsession. God knows how she handles both swimming schedules and endless hours on League of Legends.

Last, but not the least, Leo's the artist of the group. With a mean playlist and stylish looks, Leo can not only do wonders with his mixing tracks but also using food. With his delicate techniques and creative ideas, he could probably be a world-renowned DJ or the top contestant on Masterchef by now. Poor boy, he's slogging away his life at the Olympics.

Representing the country and competing in swim meets was no longer the only thing we had in common. Despite knowing them only for a few years, some just months we had been fast acquainted with one another and formed an unbreakable bond.

Needless to say, these weren't just my teammates or training buddies, they were my go-to crew and I wouldn't trade their dirty dumb minds for anything.

"Speaking of rooms, I heard Nico is on the 37th floor too" Hannah whispered smugly.

"God, you just have all the town's gossip don't ya" I rolled my eyes at her and pulled her to the dance floor.

The crew quickly followed and we danced our heart away, forgetting about all the struggles, fatigue and tension we were going to deal with the upcoming weeks.

***

A few rounds of drinks and Leo picking up a fight with the DJ, I realised I still hadn't spot Liz and Matt.

"You guys seen Liz and Matt? They came down before me"

"Oh yeah, they were here for a awhile but Liz said she was going to check out the town and Matt went to catch up with some buddies" replied Timmy with his hands wrapped around the waist of someone who looked like a Russian gymnast.

Poor girl didn't know what she was up for, I thought to myself and I stood there surprised that Liz, the ultimate party girl, was missing this scene she would in her words, "die-for".

Assuring myself that she perhaps just went to get some fresh air, I looked around and saw most people were trying to strengthen international relations, if you know what I mean.

Well, I did want to get to know some other Olympians and I decided this would be my chance although it didn't mean I wanted to stick my tongue into some random mouth.

Distancing myself from the group and thanking the gods for keeping me sober, I danced my way through groups, hoping somebody would join me.

It wasn't long before I was dancing with Noah, an Aussie Tennis Player.

Author's Note

Hey lovelies! I know it's been awhile and I am really sorry for that! Honestly, I just haven't felt motivated enough and kept doubting myself. I really don't know if anyone enjoys the story or even wants to read it which left me thinking what was the point of all this?

Despite that, I decided I'll continue to write and just hope that it brings joy to at least one person :D Continue commenting, voting and feel free to tell me your honest opinions on the story!

As always,

foodbourne