13• BATIBAT

I shiver in the cold, morning light, still holding onto Sabrina's hand.

"It's morning Miss', you've passed their test, You can come back to school now" Quentin says behind us and hesitantly we turn.

"Quentin, you shouldn't be out here alone, these woods aren't safe" I say tiredly.

He looks behind him.

"There's nothing out here that can hurt me anymore, come, I'll show you" he smiles, leading us through the woods.

We stop in front of a large stone, covered in leaves.

Quentin Cordon
Harrowed 1892

It's a headstone.

Goosebumps run up my arms as i turn to Quentin speechless.

"There used to be a groundskeeper who buried us, but he died many years ago" he says as my eyes scan more headstones.

"Would you like to meet the others?" He asks and i look up, flinching.

A crowd of children surround us, around 7 of them.

"Oh, Quentin" Sabrina whispers sadly.

***

Once we got back to the Academy Sabrina called aunt Zelda and Hilda telling them about Quentin and the other children dying.

They came to the school as soon as she told them.

Aunt Zelda walks out of Backwood's office angrily and aunt Hilda, Sabrina and I stand from our seats.

"What did he say?" Sabrina asks and she sighs.

"He's going to look into it" she nods.

"And you believe him?" I ask, unconvinced.

"Of course not, take us to the children" she breathes out and Sabrina and I lead the way.

***

"Quentin? Would you please come out?" Sabrina calls out as we enter the small graveyard.

"We want to help, and feel free to bring the others" I add on and a whoosh blows behind us.

We turn around, facing them all.

"Oh, the poor dears, your heart breaks for them" aunt Hilda gasps sadly.

"I think they're bound to the Academy because they died here" Sabrina looks at them.

"Witches hurting witches, it's unspeakable" aunt Zelda says angrily and aunt Hilda stares at her.

"How can we free them?" I ask hopefully, they had to know something.

Aunt Zelda leans down to them, "Is that what you want, children? To be released from here?" She asks.

"Where would we go? This is our home" Quentin looks back at the others.