Breakfast and 'new friends'

a/n: i'll put up a drawing of their seats later oof

I hobbled out of the bathroom and to my closet. I grabbed a plaid pair of pants and a slightly oversized sweater.

 I grabbed a plaid pair of pants and a slightly oversized sweater

(i.e.)

"Alright boys!" I yelled, alerting the two seniors who were still laying on my bed.

"Jesus..." Luke mumbled, rubbing his eyes. Ryan just grumbled and scooted to the end of my bed. I toss them some clothes that they kept here.

I grab the crutches that were laying on the floor of my closet and go back into the bathroom and get dressed. I brush my teeth and go downstairs, waiting for the others. It was about ten minutes before we had to meet Evan and the gang for food. Both of them had come downstairs and were slipping their shoes on. I delicately tried to put my shoe on my injured foot but ultimately gave up. I slipped the other on and hobbled out of the door, almost falling from the crutches being too far apart.

We got into Luke's car and I told him where to go. We got there right as they did. I swung myself out of the car and hopped out. I turned around and grabbed the annoying walking sticks. I practically flung myself over to the group and greeted them, Ryan and Luke on each side.

Brian and David pulled me aside, leading me in the restaurant before the rest of the gang. I noticed Ryan and Luke gave each other distressed looks. We stopped right outside the entrance.

"Look man... We really wanted to thank you..." Brian started, looking at David for help.

"Yeah without you we would been dead and there would be a few casualties..." Brian practically facepalmed.

I smiled and hunched over, putting most of my weight on the silver crutches. "It's not that big of a deal really... It's my job... I don't like seeing people get hurt... You both know that!" I chuckled, both Irishmen laughed too. By now the rest of the group had gone inside. We went in, I struggled a bit with the slightly narrow walkways. We sat down at a booth.

There were twelve of us there. We were seated in the corner so we had David, Brian, and... Del. That's the only empty seat... Shit. Anyway across from where I was to be seated was Evan, Brock, Ryan, and Luke. To the left of them was Lui, Marcel, Tyler, and Craig. I had finally made it the booth and hesitantly sat down, resting the stupid crutches on the wall.

Tyler looked at me briefly before looking away. I nod to everyone after the group had gone kinda quiet. I got kinda nervous. Luke noticed and started striking up a conversation.

"So how does it feel to not have school today? You think some of the teachers are still gonna make us do their tests?" He chuckled, looking over the menu quickly.

"I mean probably... Some of them might delay it... Ms. Brass on the other hand... Don't even get me started..." I whined, tilting my head back. I felt my phone vibrate and looked at the screen. It was john. I furrowed my eyebrows together. Ryan looked at me, an eyebrow raised. "It's John...?" I mumbled, quickly answering the call.