Line Without a Hook

The boys and I left the park, heading to the car. I struggle in and finally get situated, buckling in. Luke dropped me off at my house and left. I got home and Charlie was sitting on the couch with Erika. They were talking casually.

"Hey kids!" I smiled and went into the kitchen. ''Hungry?" They nodded and I got out stuff to make food.

I made pancakes and bacon and told the two that food was ready. I jumped upstairs and was headed to my room, tripping over the crutches on my carpet.

I grumbled before finally flopping on my bed. I sat with my back on my pillows and my head in my hands. I took a deep breath trying to sort through my thoughts. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and sent a text to Ms. Sheritan asking if there would be school tomorrow. I hobbled to my bathroom and started the shower. I angled the shower head down before stripping my clothes and getting in.

The hot water hit my body as I just stood there directly under it with my forehead resting on the walk. I dried my hands on the towel that was hanging on the door and quickly grabbed my phone from the counter. I opened Spotify and started to play some music. I put my phone on the shelf that was built in the wall protecting it from water. I rested my head again.

"(M/n)...?" Charlie's soft voice echoed through the room. I hummed in response. "Erika left... Can I sit in here with you?"

He had a little pout on his face, some of his scratches and slight burns making him look even more pathetic. "Of course kiddo... we can jam to some music." I smiled softly. He's just so cute yknow?

I heard the toilet lid shut and movement from it. Line without a hook started playing. That was Charlie's favorite. My phone then buzzed, I had a notification. It was a text saying we wouldnt have school tomorrow. I texted Toby.

Charlie and I continued to sing his favorite song until the water ran cold. "Charlie... I forgot a towel..."

A/n: Hello! It's short but it's definitely something! I'm working on the next one now. I'd also like to mention that this literally takes place at my school amd I have changed names but left them similar to people I actually know and people from my school found it :) pls chute mi