Thomas' POV

(Teresa). (Thomas). I woke up with a start, knocking Newt's head off my shoulder. "What?" Newt muttered softly. "Shhh," I hushed him and slowly stood up. Who had called me? And who was Teresa? A strange girl's voice was in my head. Could it have been the girl in the coma? Newt had told me I was too curious for my own good, but I had to know what was going on. I pulled on my shirt and walked out of the deadheads. "Teresa?" I called softly. I walked toward the homestead. I accidentally stepped on a few fingers as I went, earning me a few "shuck yous" and glares. "Sorry," I always whispered. The sun came up and the doors began to open. Many gladers started to wake up, and I hurried to the homestead. As I opened the door, Jeff and Alby looked up. "Is she still in a coma?" I asked them. Jeff nodded. "Oh, okay," I said, a little calmed, as a girl in a coma couldn't possibly talk to me, and went towards the smell of Frypan's cooking. I picked up two orders of his scrambled eggs and toast with butter and was heading back to breakfast with Newt when I saw the runners go out. Minho walked over. "Hello Thomas," he greeted me, friendly enough. "Hi," I replied, on my guard to make sure he didn't try to hug me or something. "Chuck told me you want to be a runner," Minho remarked, eyeing me up and down. "Yes," I admitted. "I'll figure something out," Minho smiled. "Um.. Thanks," I bit my lip. "Anything for my beautiful shank," Minho smirked, then ran out of the Glade before I could say anything. I shrugged and returned to where Newt was sitting. "Hey," he yawned and blinked. "Breakfast," I shook the bag. We devoured our food and then headed out to the Glade to do our duties. It was noon when Minho returned, breathless. Alby and Newt rushed forward, as so did I, against the will of the keeper. "Water," Minho gasped. Alby went to fetch the water as the rest of the gladers came forward. Alby returned with the water. "I thought Alby was the leader, not Minho's servant," I remarked to Newt. "Yeah, well somehow Alby just listens," Newt shrugged. "A dead griever," Minho said after drinking a whole can of water. Everyone started asking questions. "Where?" Alby demanded. Minho said something I couldn't hear. I turned to look at Newt, who had suddenly gone very pale. "Newt?" I mouthed. His eyes were wide, like he was terrified. "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. "The Maze," Newt whispered, and limped away quickly. He walked toward the Homestead and disappeared in a hole next to it. "Newt?" I started edging toward where he had gone. "STOP TALKING EVERYBODY!!" Alby screamed at us. The noise slowly ceased. "Where the hell is Newt?" Alby demanded. He looked around. "He should come with us," Alby grunted. I sort of knew where he had gone, but obviously he was terrified so I didn't dare tell on him. Not to mention he would feel betrayed of the trust he obviously had placed in me. Alby shrugged and cleared his throat to make an announcement. "Minho and I are going to see this griever," Alby announced in his loud voice. Together, they walked out of the Glade, everyone staring at their backs. There was an awkward silence, then Gally cracked his knuckles. "Right, folks, if that's it then I gotta go tend to my eyebrows," he broke the tension.