Thomas' POV

What happens on Wattpad stays on Wattpad. I'm looking at you, people who know me from school.
~~~

"What?" I asked her, hope returning to me. I could see that Newt was excited too, and I smiled. Hope is the best thing for gladers, apparently. "Well, Alby was worried about the maps, so I moved them to the weapons room," Teresa tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "I..um...stole your key," she admitted to Newt, and tossed over an iron ring of keys. Newt eyed her suspiciously, and pocketed his keys. There was an awkward silence. I cleared my throat. "Can we see them?" I asked. She nodded. A few minutes later, we were in the weapon's room, where unorganized stacks of paper were strewn over the floor. "Here they are," Teresa pointed at the mess. "Why thank you," Newt said. "You may leave now," he almost pushed her out the door. "Wai-" Teresa started, before the door slammed in her face. "God, she's bloody annoying," Newt sighed, running his hand over his face. He walked over to the maps and rummaged around. "Well, aren't ya gonna help?" he asked me. I blinked, then joined him on the floor, sorting out the maps. It must have been hours until all the maps were sorted out and dusted off, but when we were done, we could get to work. I kind of knew what to do, so I went out to get some wax paper from Frypan while Newt went to gather some coals from the last bonfire. Frypan was none too happy about giving up his wax paper, but finally he relented and gave me at least a whole roll of the 'precious' sheets. Chuck came up to me as I was returning to the weapon's room. "Hey, Thomas!" Chuck shouted. I turned to look at him. "I barely get to talk to you anymore, dude," he panted, tired after running from his slopper duty. "I'm sorry," I told him. "Yeah well, don't worry about it. Just miss you, is all. I don't get to talk to many people, since you became like an apocalyptic hero," he smiled half heartedly. I felt a little guilty, but oh well. I clapped him on the shoulder, bid him farewell, and promised I would hang out with him the next day, if I could. He seemed okay with that, and left. I ran back to the weapons room. "Where were you?" Newt asked, plucking the paper from my arms. "Got stopped by Chuck," I explained, reaching for a piece of coal and setting it down to test if it left a dark black mark. It did. "Oh Chuckie," Newt laughed. His laugh was so perfect, and it's huskiness made me think that the world was all okay, even though it might be ending soon.
It must have been night by the time we had found at two codes: Float and Catch. "I give up," I threw my hands in the air, exasperated. How could this be a shucking code? "Aw come on, Tommy," Newt poked my arm. "I'm done with this, Newt. Let's get some sleep before the grievers come," I suggested. Newt shrugged, and then we heard the grievers clicks echoing through the maze. Too late. At least we would be safe for tonight. I said as much to Newt, who smiled that wonderful smile that made me feel so warm inside. A screech went though the room, and I shuddered. Newt's smile was wiped off as he stared in horror at the door. "The others..." Newt whispered. He looked so vulnerable, unlike the daytime Newt who seemed so sure of himself and the gladers. "Hey," I pressed him close and patted his honey hair. "It's all gonna be okay, alright? They're gonna live and we'll get them out of here," I whispered to his head. He nodded and held on to me tighter. "Now let me give you a good night kiss and we'll try to sleep. Good that?" I asked. "Good that," I could almost hear that smile in his voice. I pressed my lips to his forehead, which was pleasantly warm, but Newt squirmed out of my hold. "You call that a good night kiss?" he asked indignantly, and I laughed softly. He glared at me, demanding an explanation. "Well, I can't give you a proper one until you cheer up a bit and let me see your pretty face," I replied, lifting his face slightly, before leaning down and kissing his lips. Newt flung his arms around my neck and pulled me closer. I held his face in my hands, and deepened the kiss. "Bloody hell, Tommy," Newt murmured softly. I trailed my kisses downward, to plant another mark by his jawline. I peeked quickly at where my mark from the night we spent at the deadheads should be, and wasn't dissatisfied. It still showed. I smiled, and then returned to what I was doing. Newt's hands slipped off my neck and down my back, where they found the hem of my shirt. He grabbed at it, and as my lips met his again, started pushing it up. His hands were so cold, but I didn't mind one bit. I pulled back a little so he could remove the fabric. A griever screeched somewhere off in the glade, but I could have cared less. I almost tore Newt's shirt in getting it off, but we hardly noticed it as it was tossed away. I just stared into his eyes, those dark eyes that stared back into mine. Wow, I wanted to say. I must have been the luckiest shank in the glade to have gotten Newt. I brought him close to me, stroking his skin, feeling his shoulders and his bones. I ran my fingers lightly across his collar bone, nuzzling his neck. I breathed him all in, watching his dark eyes sparkle mischievously. "Tommy," he laughed, running his fingers under my belt. It tickled a little, and I bit my lip, attempting not to cringe with laughter. I failed in my attempt, which made Newt laugh as well. "I'm gonna have to kiss you if you don't stop laughing," he told me sternly, before leaning over to kiss me full on the mouth while he continued to tickle me. It was total agony, and finally I flipped him over, pushing him up on top of the table, scattering the nearly ordered stacks of paper. Well, that's just too bad for them. Newt lay there on the table, gripping the sides and panting. "Bloody hell, Tommy," he gazed at me, making me forget what I was doing. His eyes. "Shuck me," Newt licked his lips, waiting expectantly. The noises of the grievers were all but blocked by my heart beating. Boom. Boom. Newt continued to stare at me. "Please, Tommy, please," he pleaded, acting like a soft little lion cub. "Okay."

~~~
It's been foreverrr since I've posted and I'm so sorry for that but you should have another chapter soon, hopefully. I would like to thank you all for staying faithful to this story and all of you who have offered to help co-write (I'm okay, since I prefer working alone but thx so much, I might ask later). :) Happy Newtmas everyone