Curses and misunderstandings ~ Ink demon!Joey x Henry

Yeah, I know it didn't happen in the actual game, but I still like the idea... Seriously, Joey being the ink demon would have been so freaking awesome! Why did that not happen?

Henry watched the ink demon, as the corrupted Alice Angel had called him before - how long had it been since she told him?- pass his hiding spot, limping through the room very slowly and looking around as if it was searching for someone. Of course, it was searching for him after all.

He wondered if the monster would ever consider looking inside the small miracle station, but hopefully it wouldn't. The former animator wanted to live as long as possible, and being killed by this demonic version of his own character was definitely not the way he wanted to die. The man deeply regretted even coming back here. He just should have stayed home and do the usual boring routine his life had become. It was so much better to be bored than to almost get killed due to searchers jumping at him and a crazy angel trying to become 'perfect'. 

The tall creature finally melted through another wall, but the man waited until the dark ink following this...thing was also nowhere to be seen anymore. He just didn't want to find out what would happen if he went out while it was still there. It couldn't be good, he just knew it. This time had been pretty close, it had almost seen him. If he hadn't hid in there the very moment he noticed it approaching he would have probably died. Henry could only hope he wouldn't run into the ink demon another time later.

From the beginning the ink demon had been hunting him, trying to grab him to probably hurt and slowly kill him. It was probably angry about him being here, disturbing its 'life' or whatever it called the hell down here, or just had a lust for other beings blood. It had attacked Sammy for no visible reason after all, and he had prayed to it.

Henry had seen the message on the walls,The creator lied to us, written with this black, thick ink. Was the creator supposed to be him or was it actually his old friend Joey? He didn't know, but he had no interest in finding out, he just wanted to help everyone down here and finally leave this awful place. Being here had already done very weird things to him, turning him thirty years younger, back to the age he had left this place when he had thought he'd never come back. It was strange and...scary. What was going on with him?

Henry finally felt safe enough to step out of the miracle station and left the room, walking down a long, dark hallway and turned left and right in the gigantic labyrinth, heading towards Joey's office, the man he still loved, even after all that had happened. It was stupid, he knew, but he couldn't just change who he was in love with.

His pal had been so adorable a long time ago and was such a cute dork sometimes. When they started the animation business Henry fell deeply in love with his best friend, but not wanting to ruin the friendship he tried to hide it as well as he could because he knew Joey was not gay. Even though there was no love between them they had gotten along so good. But success soon changed his secret loved one and turned him into a man who just desired attention from the public, money and power over his poor employees. It was actually quite sad to see his crush turning into some sort of monster who didn't care about anyone or anything else, not even for his best friend Henry who secretly loved him. It had really hurt Henry to see him like this, becoming a completely different person, and it was the main reason he left the company.

All these years, Henry had been wondering if Joey might have changed back to the person he had loved after he had finally left, but almost every single audio log the employees had recorded made his hope slowly fade away more and more. It had gotten even worse until the situation escalated into this inky hell. It left him wondering if he could have changed it if he had just stayed. Maybe him leaving made the situation escalate.