Stuck ~ Allison x Susie

"Uh...I am really really sorry, Susie, but... Joey doesn't think you're required as Alice Angel anymore. He doesn't think you're... well, good enough... for the role. I know this is hard to except, Susie... Again, I am really sorry, it wasn't my decision. If I was the one who had to choose you would be the one. I really hope this doesn't destroy our friendship...," Sammy stuttered.

Normally he was a short tempered man with a lack of patience who got annoyed easily, but being nervous had never been part of his personality. It easily showed what kind of situation he had gotten himself into. It was actually his own fault. That was at least what Susie Campbell thought about it. When you had just walked into the recording booth to find someone replacing you without getting notified it sure made you upset. At least Allison was gone again before she had walked in there to talk about it with Sammy. It wouldn't have been so good to 'make a scene' in front of that girl.

"Sammy, I saw how you looked at her!" Susie shouted, tears rolling down her cheeks. She felt so betrayed. How could someone like Allison Pendle suddenly be the voice actor of a character she had voiced for almost a decade? Joey had said Susie's voice sounded exactly like he wanted Alice's to be, angelic and full of enthusiasm. What had this girl what she didn't have? And how could this heartless man just suddenly replace her like that, without saying a word why. What was not good enough about her voice acting?

"What do you-"

She clenched her fists. How much did she want to slap her friend across his stupid, handsome face. "You know exactly what I mean, Sammy! Don't think you can just play dumb! I came into the recording booth, not knowing about anything, when you lied about me knowing that I was going to be replaced and was completely fine with it, and looked at her in admiration as if she was something you had never seen before. You really think she is better than me, don't you? How can you lie, Sammy? Don't you ever follow your conscience?"

"That's not true, Susie! Please, calm down! The way you act... This just... this isn't you..." Sammy placed a hand on her shoulder, but she shook it off immediately. Susie didn't want him to touch her or even let him near her. He was just a liar, just like Joey Drew. She should have known better than becoming his friend.

"I decide what's me and what's not myself, Mister Lawrence," she replied in a cold voice, glaring at him. "And if you excuse me, I'm going to visit my friend Wally now. He is a person with actual common sense who doesn't prefer another person over his longtime friend because she looks more attractive than I do." Susie spined around on her weel, slowly walking away from him.

She heard him calling after her, but she gave him the cold shoulder and walked down the hallway, not bothering to look back. If he really make it up to her he would run after her, but he didn't. He wasn't really sorry. Sammy could say whatever he wanted, he would fall on deaf ears and he probably knew it. She had seen what she had seen and heard what she had heard, and she wouldn't forget how easily he had told Allison that she knew about her taking her role and that she was completely fine with it. That liar! She had seen how he had smiled when Allison's eyes dilated in surprise and that happy look on her face appeared that made Susie want to punch her.

It wasn't actually Allison's fault for being a good voice actress, Joey and Sammy had set this up. They hadn't done it because Allison was better at the job, they just wanted to humiliate Susie. Perhaps Susie should just quit and leave. There might be another place hiring her... she did have talent, and many other places had offered her to work there...

No, what was she thinking? She might not be the voice of Alice Angel anymore, but she wouldn't just leave this place. Giving up just wasn't the right way to handle the situation, she would only give in and let Joey Drew get away with it. Also, the studio was her second home. She couldn't just leave her friends and family behind.