Transformation ~ Bertrum x Lacie

Bertrum Piedmont who considered himself the greatest architect and who was also founder of Bendy Land, and Lacie Benton, one of his employees, were truly workers most people didn't want to be around. The employees at Joey Drew Studios really didn't know how these two ended up working with each other, but they seemed to fit perfectly as employer and employee, maybe even more.

Bertrum Piedmont loved hearing himself talk and had a huge ego which ended up in him and Joey Drew having more arguments than all the other employees together. He sometimes started bragging about all of his great achievements or talking about what a horrible employer Mister Drew was, and that he would make sure the success of the amusement park wouldn't be his.

Lacie Benton was almost always in an awful mood, disliked so many of her coworkers at Joey Drew Studios that it seemed there was not even one person she liked, just thinking they were all a bunch of morons, and she wouldn't even consider not telling everyone her opinion about them straight into their faces. At least she was an honest person and didn't talk behind other people's backs like...others.

That these two actually were able to talk to each other normally without acting like total jerks and having the urge to make rude comments about each other surprised many people. Joey was quite surprised every day they hadn't killed each other yet. He was actually hoping that would happen, so he would get rid of Bertrum either by him getting killed or arrested for murder.

Some said these two might actually be or at least become a couple, including Susie, Wally and Sammy. Nobody really knew since when Sammy was being someone who shipped people though. Susie and Wally were both confident that both of them were hiding their true personality behind a huge ego (in Bertrum's case) and mean words (in Lacie's case). They couldn't be told otherwise, even though many of their coworkers tried to.

Susie was convinced Lacie was a genuinely nice person, but didn't know how to show it. After all she had to assert herself with all the men around, she was doing a man's job for god's sake. Wally on the other hand was sure Bertrum hid his self doubts and low self esteem behind his ego, but it was  only pretense. They didn't want to believe people were the way these two were. What a naive belief, wasn't it?

Lacie and Bertrum were neither stupid nor deaf, do they did notice what the other workers whispered about their relationship behind their backs. They had also heard others talk about their 'hidden' personality traits, and they found it quite amusing someone thought they were actually like that. But both of them didn't know what to think about the janitor and the voice actress shipping them together. It made them feel uncomfortable that people talked about them being a couple. How would they react if they knew it was true? They were just acquaintances in here. Maybe they were more at home, but work and private life had to be kept apart. Especially if Mister Drew was your boss. He would do anything to make Bertrum feel an unimportant, small person and always be condescending towards him. Joey might even fire Lacie if he found out just to demonstrate Bertrum his power over them.

Lacie glared at the Bendy animatronic on the work desk in front of her. It was freaking her out to see it there. Bertrum Piedmont said it was completely  harmless and not even functioning yet, but sometimes it felt like it was watching her, stalking her, and moving behind her back. It just looked so creepy, she wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't getting paranoid like other workers including Bertrum told her, and it actually moved on its own.

But she had work to do. Needed to repair a few of the rides for the test ride they offered a few workers. Joey Drew really didn't care if something bad happened, but she wasn't going to get into trouble if someone got hurt, he was the one saying it was safe enough. What a moron.

"That arrogant jerk! Who does he think he is?!" someone shouted behind her. The other workers shrieked and ran out, terrified of the outburst.

Lacie didn't need to turn around to know it was Bertrum. "What did he do this time?" she asked while repairing a small part of one of the rides that always malfunctioned.