Identity ~ Alice!Susie x Ink Demon!Bendy (part 1)

Alice Angel knew there was something wrong with her from the very beginning. It was hard not to notice as there were so many obvious signs pointing to it. She looked at the cartoons featuring her, but it just felt so... wrong. She didn't remember any of that. In fact, the memories before being created in the real world were just missing. None existent. When she had woken up after her creation inside the real world, she couldn't remember one bit. Watching old cartoons felt like she was watching a complete stranger.

She stared at the cartoon that was being projected on the wall. Was that really her singing on the screen? It just didn't sound anything like her. She knew she had been voiced by the beautiful and talented Allison Pendle who was always nice and kind to everyone, so why did she have a different voice than her? Their voices sounded nothing alike. Had she been voiced by someone else before? It wouldn't make any sense otherwise. Norman had mentioned that all the cartoons featuring her had been recreated. Not the animations, but all of the voice acting and the singing. And they had gotten rid of the previous versions immediately after she was created. That was pretty suspicious, wasn't it?

And why were some people acting so weird around her? Employees like Norman and Wally were pleasant to be around with, but Thomas and Sammy... Sammy... he wasn't in the music department at the moment, something that was happening more and more often. It was because of her. She knew it was because of her. He always seemed nervous whenever she was nearby. He barely talked to her, and if he did, the conversations were short and she felt like he knew something she didn't. If she was in the orchestra room he would try to prevent any kind of eye contact, but look at her if he felt like she was distracted and not seeing him. The looks he gave her were almost... guilty. Just why did he act like that? They barely knew each other! The way he acted it seemed like he was close enough to her to think she'd be angry.

She didn't know what exactly it was that was hidden from her. And why it was done in the first place. It felt like it was a secret about her, something she should definitely know but wasn't told regardless. Wasn't she a trustworthy toon? She was an angel, she could handle it. Wasn't it horrible to keep secrets? She had thought about trying to find out the truth more than once. About investigating. About addressing it directly. About asking questions. Still, she acted happy and oblivious in front of everyone, like she didn't notice anything at all. She was just too afraid of what would happen if she started to ask questions she wasn't supposed to ask. Would they not let her walk around the studio anymore because they were afraid she'd find it out? Would they lock her up? Would she be banned from her first real performance in front of an audience?

Despite her worries, that didn't mean she enjoyed acting like she was oblivious. Oh no, she didn't enjoy it one bit. In fact, the angel hated herself for that stupid weakness. She shouldn't be afraid of the consequences. She had no reason to feel that way. She was an angel, a creature that represented hope and protection! She wasn't supposed to be a bloody coward! She shouldn't be worried about consequences. Alice was never like that in the cartoons featuring her. Just why was she like this?

"Are you alright, Alice?" Joey asked softly. She looked up, her eyes widening in surprise. She hadn't even noticed him approaching her. She felt stupid for letting him catch her off guard, but she wouldn't allow herself to just show him that. He gave her the creeps and she trusted her instincts, no matter how much of a gentleman he acted around her. Something about him was just... wrong. Terribly wrong. And it was not just because he told her she wasn't perfect because she didn't have the voice she was supposed to have. No, there was something he was hiding behind that wide grin... something sinister...

Joey was a charming man who knew what to say to make everyone feel happy. But his nature only discomforted her. She didn't really understand why, but she didn't like him despite how nice he always acted towards her and the people around her. It felt like all he did was acting. Like all he did was unreal. Fake. A facade. Alice could feel there was something wrong. And she didn't like him because of it. He was such a dishonest person.