Chapter Seven // The Banquet

"So you're telling us this is all a plan set up just to get Y/N?" Tucker asked, a finger on his chin. "It doesn't make any sense."

"I know, right? I knew this banquet was fishy, I just didn't know what. What would he even need Y/N for? She's just a normal girl." Danny said.

"We all know Vlad's a creep. He could want plenty of things from her." Sam inquired.

Danny took a deep breath, trying to piece everything together. "He said Y/N was a valuable asset."

Sam pulled up her computer. "I was reading some things online about the banquet. Apparently it's a thing for an internship. For Dalv."

"Wait...Isn't that Vlad's fake company used to lure you and Mrs. Fenton to a cabin in the woods?"

"Yeah..." Danny confirmed.

"Hey, Danny! There's a girl here to see you!" Danny heard Jazz call through the door. His heart skipped a beat. It was Y/N. "You better get to her first before Dad—"

Danny let out a groan. "Coming."

"So, you're friends with Danny, huh? Have you ever wanted to hunt ghosts?" Mr. Fenton asked Y/N who sat on the living room sofa. Her H/C was spiraling in ringlets down her face, the rest of her hair pulled into a tight bun at the top of her head.

"Not particularly...but it'd be fun to try, I guess." Y/N tried to sound polite.

Mr. Fenton grinned. "You picked a good one son, she's a keeper!" Y/N's cheeks became warm. When Danny came into view, she noticed his face was bright red as he stared into her eyes.

Y/N looked away so he wouldn't notice her flushed cheeks. "Hey, um, Mom and Dad? Can you guys leave the room for a few minutes?"

"But I haven't got to ask your girlfriend anymore questions." Jack said.

"Come on, Jack. I think the ectoconverter needs some readjustments." Mrs. Fenton lead her husband out of the room.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm honestly kind of nervous about this whole thing with the mayor. He was at my house yesterday. And I think he already picked the winner for this internship."

"What makes you think that?" Danny asked.

"Because everybody thinks I'm perfect. Dash asked me to the winter formal before you did. And when I told him no, he told me that...my parents were going to force me to go with him. I think he only likes me because he expects me to be perfect."

"Screw him. Dash is an asshole, you don't need him. I always thought you were perfect. That you could do nothing wrong and that all the guys were lined up for you. But I don't like you because I think you're perfect. I like you because you're beautiful and smart and care free...and I'm just a loser with a crush on a girl..."

There was silence. "I don't think you're a loser, Danny." Y/N's heart beat steadily as she lended him her hand. Danny grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

Then she leaned in as he followed suit. And then she was kissing him. And she was melting. She'd kissed boy's before. Maybe once or twice, but never with anyone she'd felt strongly for.

Danny pulled away and averted his gaze. "You should probably get ready for the banquet. I've kept Sam and Tucker waiting for too long."

"Okay, I'll see you later, Danny." Soon she disappeared out of the door.

Inside the town hall, a series of chairs were sat in rows towards a podium with flashing cameras and old Victorian music being played by a professional orchestra.