Chapter Ten // Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Why did she let her guard down? Why did she push away the paranoia as if it didn't matter? Why didn't she listen to her gut feeling while looking at the papers in the file?

Vlad has planned this. He'd deceived her for weeks and she'd ate up his words, believing him. Trusting him. She'd felt like an idiot for being so ignorant. Now she was trapped with no means of help and now she was strapped down onto an examination table, ready for the torture that was to come.

"I see you're awake again. How are you feeling?" He sounded endearing, as if he hadn't just told her the secret he'd been hiding from her.

But his deception wasn't the only secret she'd found out. She'd also found out that her boyfriend was the famous Danny Phantom. How did she not make the comparison? Danny Fenton. Danny Phantom. A three year old could of guessed that. Y/N wanted to be angry with him, but she was too overtaken by fear to even be mad at him.

"What are you going to do to me?" She swallowed the lump in the back of her throat.

"You, my dear, are part of my experiment. I know you're afraid, but I can assure you that I'm not here to harm you. Daniel is the one who causes you harm. Do you really think he cares for you? Do you really think anybody really likes you? It's only because they think you're perfect. I know you're not perfect, that is why it is my job to make you perfect."

"Danny cares about me just as much as I care about him." Y/N replied. He was only trying to manipulate her into doing what he wanted.

"You're so naïve. If Daniel really cared about you, don't you think he would tell you his secret of being the famous ghost boy?"

"He was trying to protect me from ghosts like you."

"Which he failed miserably. Don't put all your hope into him. He won't get past me. And if he does...I might just have to kill him."

"We need a plan." Danny said to his two best friends and sister Jazz. He sat down in between Tucker and Sam.

"First we need to figure out his motive. Why would he do this? What's so valuable about her that he sacrificed his identity?" Danny had been stuck on that thought for a long time. What did he need Y/N for?

"Maybe he's trying to make her a halfa. I mean, think about it. Vlad's been wanting you to join him ever since you two crossed paths. And since you won't join him, he'd try and find somebody who would." Sam inquired.

"Do you think he'll try and brainwash her?" Tucker added in.

"I don't know. She's probably angry at me and if Vlad will get what he wants, he's using my secret against me." Danny ran his fingers through his dark hair. "I think I should just wing it. Vlad's too smart to fall into a trap. But do you guys think you could be my backup in case something bad happens?"

"Don't worry, Danny. We've got your back."

"I sure hope so."

Y/N felt numb. She felt as if her soul had been ripped out of her body and now she was floating in a dark abyss, hanging onto the last shred of hope she had left, imagining that Danny was here to save her.

It's okay, Y/N. He can't hurt you anymore. He would whisper and they would share a kiss. That ideology was laughable at best. And she could hear herself laughing, laughing at her own stupidity.

The laughing echoed in the darkness, getting rid of the silence as she laughed and then cried. She was crying and crying and crying, choking on her sobs.

There was a flash of light, eye blinding light. She woke up, still strapped down on the table.

"Ghost DNA transfusion successful, sweetie." That sounded like Mrs. Fenton. Y/N looked around, her eyes landing on the holographic version of Danny's mom.

Gross. Vlad must of liked her or something. "This whole thing makes me so proud. Daniel will come save her, no doubt. But he will never be able to reverse what has already been done. And when the time comes, I'll be prepared. I just have to add one more adjustment." Y/N closed her eyes to pretend she was still asleep.

"No need to pretend. I know you're awake, dear." Y/N opened her eyes. She noticed a small items in the palm of her hand. "You don't have to be alarmed. This is just a tracking chip. So I can keep an eye on you. I'm go—"

"Get away from her!" She heard Danny scream as he shot a neon green beam out of the palm of his hand, knocking down Vlad. "Y/N! I'm going to get you out of here. But you're going to have to listen to me. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to let you out and you're going to have to run. Okay?"

"Okay." Danny pulled down a lever that released Y/N from her imprisonment. Then she got up from the table and ran.

"What did you do to her, Vlad?" Danny confronted his archenemy, standing in front of him. His nostrils flared when Vlad pulled himself up.

"She's like you and me now. She's a halfa and she's going to be much stronger than you. Perhaps even stronger than me. And she will be your inevitable downfall." Vlad began to duplicate into four versions of himself. "You don't stand a chance." The duplicates began to attack Danny. He let out a scream as a ray hit him in the stomach. He scampered away and charged again, swinging his fist. One of the duplicates grabbed ahold of his fist as another one went behind him and kneed him the back. Danny screamed louder, and just like that, they were holding him down. Vlad lifted his hand and blasted him in his already bruised ribcage. Danny tried to shoot another beam at the mayor but he had made a forcefield to bounce back the shot. It singed the cloth on his upper forearm. Green blood bubbled up from the wound and spilled onto his uniform.

"Maybe I should kill you right now. Have your princess mourn over your death and bring her back here with me. I'll train her and she will be unstoppable." Danny laughed.

"Not a chance, fruit loop. You can't get rid of me that easily." Danny broke free from the clones and destroyed them. He stood back up and charged at Vlad. He ran into Vlad and they turned intangible, flying through the mansion walls. Fists flying, blasting each other with green beams. Danny threw a left hook and pushed himself away from the older halfa. He launched a roundhouse kick in Vlad's side. An oof sound escaped his lips as he began to fall from the sky.

Vlad landed on the grass and transformed back to human. "Stay away from her, Plasmius. I won't let you hurt her. Cancel the internship because she will not be coming back to work for you. I'm showing you mercy because Y/N is more important to me than winning."

"Very well. But things are going to be different. For you and for her."

"I'll figure out how to help her. I won't let her turn into the thing you want her to be." Without saying another word, Danny walked away, leaving Vlad alone.

"Danny!" He heard Y/N call out to him. He didn't see her when she ran up to him and crashed into his chest.  He grabbed her hands and laced his fingers with hers. She looked up at Danny. "It was you all along. How did I not realize it?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But I have to protect my identity. It's not that I don't trust you, because I do. I trust you a lot. I just want to keep you safe. I didn't do a very good job at it ton—" She cut him off with a kiss to his lips. Danny felt his face go warm, cheeks stained a deep green.

"It's okay. I understand you had to do what you did. But I swear that I won't tell a single soul about your powers. I promise."

"There's something I have to tell you, Y/N. But you're not going to like it." Danny frowned.

"I know Vlad did something to me. I know that I'm not normal anymore. But I can deal with the fact that I'm half ghost now."

Danny gave a faint smile. "Sam and Tucker are waiting for us. We should get going."

Y/N removed herself from him and nodded. They began to walk away, hand in hand.