{1}

Tail flicking, motoring the body connected to it

Tail flicking, motoring the body connected to it. He swam fast, the prickly feeling of the sudden cold water stabbing his skin was all too familiar.

"Tae!" A voice yelled behind the merman swimming away from what he calls home. His glowing green tail, like fresh cut grass reflecting the sunset of a warm day, came to a stop. He turned around quickly, his long red hair invading his face.

"Yoongi?" Tae questioned as his blue crystal like eyes narrowed in curiosity. "What are you doing out here?"

"I- Uh um, Irene told me to come get you." Yoongi  said, fiddling with his fingers that were covered in white; doll like skin. His dark purple tail that resembled an amethyst gem was curled at his fin, pointing up towards the surface.  "She said it's time for a haircut."

Tae sighed as his nimble tan fingers ran through his red hair, clutching it a bit until it ran past his fingers like silk. "I suppose Ive grown it for too long."

Yoongi smiled and shrugged his tiny shoulders. "I think it looks pretty," he swam up to Tae and ran his hand through the red locks. Tae chuckled softly and grabbed Yoongis smaller hand. "Let's get back, it's dangerous for you to be here."

Tae flicked his tail and started swimming towards the coral palace, Yoongi trailing behind him.

"Taehyung!" Queen Seokjin smiled as he saw Tae swim inside the castle. "Yoongi is looking for- oh!" Yoongi swam out from behind Tae.

"Well Irene is waiting in your room, chop chop." Jin ushered them out of the main hall.

The two boys swam into their shared bedroom with their three sisters.

"Sana, put down the seaweed and help me find your brush." Irene ordered as her sister, Sana, was playing with some seaweed, giggling brightly.

"Irene," Tae called out while swimming to her, but not before grabbing the brush from his mirror area. "Loosen up a bit."

He slipped the brush into her hands and sat down in front of her.

"My goodness Tae," Irene sighed as she brushed his long red flames, "you need to stop growing it out this long. You are a prince-"

"And a prince needs to look and act the part- blah blah blah." Tae finished, tired of getting this lecture every time Irene talked to him. "It's not my fault my hair grows abnormally fast." He sighs, resting his head on his palm.

"I know," Irene hushed as she picked up scissors. "Just let me cut it more often. Half the kingdom thinks our father has four daughters." Tae rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," Tae whispers before he sees his red locks float away from his head. He only closes his eyes and waits for Irene to finish.

"All done." Irene said, brushing her fingers against Tae's scalp. He opened his eyes and stared at his new hair. It was cute.

"Oh! You look so good Tae Tae!" Lisa yelled as she swam up to him, pink tail flicking in delight. "I think I like it better short!"

"Everyone does," Tae huffed as he got up from the coral stool. "Thanks Irene." And in a split second, Tae had swam away.

"Tae's already gone?!" Sana whined, the end of her red tail bending down a bit in disappointment. "I wanted to complement him."

"I wonder what's got him in all the hurry." Irene questioned.

Yoongi who felt like he was invisible to his sisters, looked away.

It seemed like Tae didn't have time to spend with him anymore and it hurt knowing Tae was keeping secrets from him.

~~~~~~~

Hope you guys kinda like it?
Tae might seem bratty at first but that's called character development 🤩

Hope you guys kinda like it?Tae might seem bratty at first but that's called character development 🤩