{2}

Tae swam up towards the surface, seeing the sun creating a glowing effect down in the water

His head came crashing through the water, letting out a big breath. Water fell from Tae's hair onto his naked shoulders. Small winds blew onto his exposed body, feeling the goosebumps explode on his arms.

His blue eyes looked around, finding the beautiful colors of the golden sky. He swam a bit further until he got to his usual rock.

His tan hands reached or of the water, skin now glistening from the water. He propped himself up on the rock and laid his head against his palm, watching the ocean mix with the sunset, creating a liquid gold reflection onto the calm waters.

This is what Tae lived for. Everyday he would come onto the surface to see the sunset.

Of course, if he knew that a black haired boy with soft eyes watched him every evening, he would never dare to show himself.

The Merfolks and humans had an okay relationship, but like every race, there were some bad. In this instance Pirates would kill mermaids and sell their scales. Which Tae honestly thought was reasonable. mermaid scales were beautiful.

Anyone who saw a mermaid knew that, especially when the mermaid was watching a sunset and had cherry red hair.

Prince Jeongguk could feel his heart beat at a steady pace as he watched the beautiful merman laying on his usual spot.

His tan skin that was coated in the salty water of the unexplored ocean glowed from rays of the sun.

It seemed his red hair had just gotten cut. Although Jeongguk liked it long he still looked gorgeous either way.

"Prince Jeongguk!" A squeaky voice yelled from inside the castle. Jeongguk quickly walked back into his room, closing his balcony doors and walking into the cold hallway.

"Oh! There you are!" Jimin smiled but it soon faded as he notice something. "I probably should've looked for you in your room first."

"It's okay," Jeongguk chuckled as he messed up Jimins hair. "Anyways what's up?"

"O-Oh, yes!" Jimin stood up straighter. "The king has requested to see you." Jeongguks smile faded as he huffed a small thank you before making his way towards the Royal hall.

"Father," Jeongguk announced as he walked into the big room. "You've asked for my presence?"

"Good evening prince Ggukie!" King Jeon called out, big smile on his face. Jeongguk winced a bit at the nickname but nonetheless listened.

"The King Of Atlántica and I had a meeting a couple of days ago. We discussed a matter of issues, but that isn't the point. The point is that we would like to have a stronger bond with the Merpeople. So we've come to a conclusion and that is where you get involved, my eldest son." 

"You want me to marry a mermaid?" Jeongguk interrupted his father, feeling his heart pound in his chest. His father knew he was fully gay, he wouldn't make him marry a mermaid, right?

"Well, if you would have let me finish then I would've told you that you're going to be marrying a merman." The king said with a bit of playful venom in his voice. "We will meet him and his family tomorrow."

Jeongguk let out a breath of relief, at least his sexuality was taken into consideration.  Although he still felt something dwell on his heart, that something being a  mermaid with rose red hair.
~~~~~~~