{4}

Prince Jeon was quite pleasantly surprised when five short royals came into the banquet hall

One with blazing red hair.

Jeongguk felt his eyes widen,showing off his iris that resembled the dark soil in the earths ground.

He smiled and greeted the new humans.

"Hello your highness," Tae hesitantly bowed in front of the handsome prince. "I am prince Kim Taehyung."

"Nice to meet you-" Jeongguk started but got cut off my the girl next to Tae.

"Hi! I'm Sana! Nice to meet you, your highness!" Sana smiled brightly, making it hard for Jeongguk to want to push her away and only talk to Taehyung.

"Oh, uh- Hi nice to meet you princess." He said with a small smile. Wanting to continue to get to know the merman, Jeongguk turned back towards Tae, only to realize he was not there.

The merman had escaped his fate, running outside the castle while his heels clicked on the cobblestone ground - signaling his every move.

Many maids gave Tae a confused look as he ran past them. Could've been many things that made them so bemused. Maybe it was the way Tae ran like a wild man down the corridor out towards the exit or the fact a young man was wearing a ball gown.

Either way Tae didn't care, as he continued to make his way to the big golden doors of the castle.

He felt trapped inside this castle, like the walls were closing in on him and he needed to just get back into the sea, where he belonged.

Don't get him wrong, he thought the prince was quite a gentleman but he didn't want to be strapped down to a person.

He was sixteen years old and not mature enough to satisfy Prince Jeongguks needs. Surely anyone could do better than him.

Sand slipped through the crevices between his tiny toes as he walked on the beach. He stripped down quickly, not bothering the look around for anyone in sight.

His tan skin was lathered in the moonlight of the night sky as he descended into the dark thick ocean that practically screamed his name.

Before his head dipped in, he opened the locket his father, King Namjoon, gave him. He felt his body heat up, glowing in a orange shade as his legs slotted together. The water around him looked the color of pure gold, as his green tail appeared.

He dipped down quickly, needing to feel the water push against his body as he swam quickly towards Atlántica.

~~~~~~~~