I-Lapis

The rain poured down on me. Thunder rumbled in the distance. I was soaking wet, but the last place I wanted to be was inside. The last place I was inside was at the orphanage, and I didn't want to be back there again. I had lived there all my life, and I had no intention of going back now that I was out. I had been wanting to escape my whole life, and I had finally done it. There was no way I could just turn back and forget everything I had done to get out of there in the first place.

The rain wasn't bothering me as much as it would have bothered other people. I expected to have troubles when I escaped the orphanage. After all, I hadn't ever lived anywhere else. It was obviously going to be different outside of it, but I was ready for that. I needed it.

I took temporary shelter under the extended roof of a building and began to think.

This entire thing started just the night before. I had stepped into the shower before I went to bed to rinse myself off. Everybody in the orphanage already smelled, and I didn't need to make that any worse. I had placed my clothes on the left side of the leftmost sink in the bathroom before I went in. I washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner and took a rather generous time washing my body. A little too generous for some people, apparently. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in my bath towel. That was when I noticed Yellow Pearl, a rather snobby girl at the orphanage, holding my shirt. I looked over at my pile of clothes next to the sink, and, sure enough, my shirt was indeed gone.

"Hey!" I growled. "That's my shirt! Give it back!"

"Why would I listen to you?" Yellow Pearl asked snobbily in her stupid snobby voice. "Your mommy didn't want you."

"That's why we're all here," I snarled. "Now give me back my shirt."

"Excuse you," Yellow Pearl said, gasping and putting her hand on her chest like I had just killed her grandma right in front of her. "I'm here because my family chose to sacrifice me so they could live happy lives. I was a blessing for them. I was what they needed to give away in order to save all of them. I am very happy that I have that honor." She furled her eyebrows. "You, on the other hand, were put here just because your mommy took one look at you and decided she didn't want you anymore."

I fought back the tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't know the real reason behind why I was at the orphanage, and I certainly didn't want it to be that.

"I told you to give me back my shirt," I growled, holding my hand out.

"Let me think about that," Yellow Pearl responded, putting her finger on her lips. "Hm, hm, hm...no."

That was when I had gotten angry. All I wanted was to get back to my room and sleep, and here miss snobby princess was, making my already miserable life even more miserable.

"Give me back my shirt!" I cried. "It's my shirt and I brought it here! I bought it, too! Give it back to me!"

"What if I don't wanna?" Yellow Pearl taunted, pulling my shirt away from me.

"What's so great about a stupid shirt?!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know, Blue Hair!" Yellow Pearl squeaked. "What is so great about a stupid shirt?"

I growled. "Can I just have my clothes so I can get dressed already?!" I shouted at her.

"No!" Yellow Pearl responded.

"Give it back!" I yelled.

"Or what?" Yellow Pearl asked. "What are you gonna do? Cry to your mommy?"

That comment resulted in her being punched in the jaw by my fist. She put her hand on the side of her face and looked at me in some fake horror. I could have given her much worse. I could have dislocated her jaw if I had really wanted to. She was lucky I chose not to.