IX-Lapis

I spent my morning with Peridot's arms around my waist and my lips pressed against hers, locking us in a deep kiss. Jasper hadn't come in yet that morning, and we were using the time as much as we could. I had my arms wrapped around her neck, and I wasn't going to allow her to pull her away anytime soon.

"Lapis," Peridot whispered, making me pull away too early with curiosity.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I feel like it's been pretty long," Peridot said.

"Ugh," I murmured, laying my head in the crook of her neck. "Why do we ever have to stop?"

I felt Peridot gently rub my back, relaxing me. "I'd like to keep going too," she said. "But it's getting late in the morning. Jasper's gonna be in here waking us up soon."

I sighed. "Maybe," I replied, "but personally, I don't care."

"Be mature," Peridot sang, resting her face on her hand. "Remember?"

"I can take a break sometimes," I retorted. "Like when my girlfriend's being a butt."

Peridot stuck her tongue out at me, and I responded with a smile. She put her tongue back in her mouth, smiled back at me, and then slowly pulled me into a hug.

"Am I really a butt?" She asked playfully, turning toward me.

"I don't know," I answered. "I think you owe me something to get that piece of information."

"You're a piece of work," Peridot said.

"Or am I a gift that keeps on giving?" I asked.

"Both," Peridot answered. "A piece of work, but also a good gift."

"One of the few gifts you've gotten?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Peridot was silent for a moment, and then she sighed. "Yeah," she answered. "One of the few genuine gifts I've gotten."

She rubbed my back for a few more minutes before the door finally opened, ending our time in our room for the morning.

"Alright, you two," Jasper said. "I have a job for you two today, and I need you to get dressed in these clothes."

She gave us two outfits, mine consisting of a striped shirt, blue jeans, and a rather expensive-looking denim jacket, and Peridot's consisting of a white shirt, dark blue jeans, and a black leather jacket. They were clothes I could never afford and would only see Yellow Pearl wearing, but I realized that they were probably too expensive for even her to wear. I took pride in that.

"What's going on?" Peridot asked, taking a long look at her leather jacket.

"I'm sending you both out to run some errands for me," Jasper answered. "My break from work ends today, so I figured I needed you two to have some sort of disguise while I'm out."

"Why the clothes though?" Peridot asked.

"People aren't going to think you're strays if you're walking around in clothes like these," Jasper answered her. "It's simply an act of deception so I don't have to worry about you getting busted while I'm out."

"When are we going?" I asked.

"After breakfast," Jasper answered. "My job's full-time, so you guys are leaving when I leave. I have lists and stores for you guys. I'm trusting that Peridot will be able to locate all of the stores I'm sending you to. I'll also be sending you with extra money for lunch, dinner, and a couple snacks." Her expression suddenly tired serious. "And I'll be going through what you guys purchase, so don't try to get anything funny."