VIII-Peridot

I couldn't bring myself to believe that I had kissed Lapis the night before. It had to have been a dream, yet she was lying closer to me then than she ever had before. I slowly ran my fingers through her hair, feeling how soft it was. The lesbian part of me was going absolutely insane.

Lapis's eyes fluttered open and my heart started to pound. She looked at me, and I instinctively let my hand move to her cheek.

"Hey," I whispered, kissing her nose.

"Hi," Lapis responded, laying her head on my shoulder. "So...what are we? Are you my girlfriend or something?"

"Only if you want me to be," I answered.

Immediately afterward, my memories were confirmed with a kiss. It had indeed happened.

"Yes," Lapis whispered.

She let me hold her, and that was a relaxing feeling in itself. I was gently running my hand up and down her back when Jasper walked in. Despite any possible efforts she might have been making, she wasn't hiding the smirk on her face.

"Morning, you two," she said. "Everything go alright last night?"

I felt Lapis move even closer to me.

"Yeah," I answered. "At least, for me, it did."

"Okay," Jasper said with an even more evident smirk. "I'll leave you two alone."

The door closed, and I felt Lapis getting warmer. I couldn't hold back my smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Why is Jasper always bugging us like that?" Lapis mumbled. "She made me feel really awkward yesterday. That's why I was panicking. She was trying to push me to tell you...about my crush on you."

"That's just Jasper," I said, chuckling. "She's the gift that keeps on giving."

"I don't like this gift," Lapis responded, her voice muffled by my shirt.

"She's not a bad person," I said. "She only does that because she wants you to learn to take care of yourself. You really should thank her. The only reason I even made the first move was because she confirmed that you really did like me back."

"Like you...back?" Lapis asked. "So this isn't just a pity thing?"

"No, Lapis!" I exclaimed. "Come on, you should know me by now. Do you really think I'd do that?"

"You'd feel tortured doing that," Lapis said, smiling a little.

"Right," I responded. "I promise everything I've done with you is geniune...I'm not lying when I say that I love you."

"Love me," Lapis whispered so quietly I could barely hear her. "Yeah...I-I love you too."

In a matter of seconds, I kissed her again and we fell onto the bed again. She gripped my shoulders so tight I couldn't pull away. I could feel a smile creeping onto my face. This was absolutely the most pleasant thing my lovey side of me had ever experienced, and now it only wanted more. I finally seperated my mouth from hers and left little kisses down the side of her neck when I felt her tense and push me away. I looked down and saw that her face was red, and she was glaring down at the covers. Her right hand was curled into a fist, ready to deliver a blow I didn't want to take.

"Stop," Lapis whispered. "I don't want to do that. It feels like I'm being teased again."

I should have known that some of the kids at the orphanage would have teased her like that, and having escaped so recently, she definitely wasn't ready. Surprisingly, I was.