First Impression

I get in the elevator , a box in my hands, and struggle to press the button for the fourth floor.

Once I pressed it the doors close and about twenty seconds later the elevator doors open to reveal the 99th Precinct.

I got transferred from the 98 due to "no more room.". Even though I had been working they're for eight years.

I walk out of the elevator and look around the room. The room I will be spending, God knows how many years in.

At the bottom left corner of the bullpen are two men throwing popcorn into each other's mouths. Oh, one of them fell asleep.

At the bottom right corner was a very muscley man eating some yogurt.

The desk in front of him sits a young man searching for something in his mountain of paperwork and a smartly dressed young woman across from him. Her face turned into a disgusted expression as she looks at the man in front of her. He was eating a croissant. What's so bad about a croissant? Wait. Eww. Don't tell me that's what he was looking for in the mountain of paperwork.

Straight across from them, at the other side of the bullpen was a small man, probably in his late thirty's or early forty's, staring at the two of them lovingly.

In the top right corner was a woman on her phone. Scrolling through Instagram or Twitter probably and eating gum.

In the left corner sits a woman with curly raven hair, a leather jacket and the most beautiful face I have ever seen.

"Hello? Can I help you." The smartly dressed woman asks me, now with a smile on her face.

"Hi. I'm Y/n L/n." I reply. "I just got transferred from the 98."

"I'm Amy Santiago." She says as she stretches her arm out to shake my hand. I place the box on the nearest table next to me. I accept it and we shake hands. Up. Down. Separate. She looks at me with a grin. The one that goes from ear to ear.

"I'm looking for Captain Holt." I say.

"Right this way." She says. I pick up my box and she leads me through the bullpen to the Captains office. Amy knocks the door and walks in.

"Ah. Detective Y/n." He says with an emotionless tone as I walk into the room. "I was not expecting you until another hour."

"I thought I would come a bit earlier since I had everything ready." I explain. "If that's okay."

"It is fine." He says. "Come with me." Captain Holt stands up and walks out the door and I follow him out. "This is Gina." He says pointing to the woman still on her phone. She gives me a slight wave without her eyes coming off of it for a second. "I see you have already met Detective Santiago."

"Yes, I have." I say. He then points to the man who was eating the, hopefully not mouldy croissant.

"This is Detective Peralta." He says

"Hey." Peralta says with a mouth full of croissant and gives me a wave. I smile back.

"That is Sergeant Jeffords at the bottom. And this is Hitchcock and Scully." He says pointing to all of them. Hitchcock and Scully are now both sleeping. "This is Charles Boyle."

"Welcome to the 99." Charles says

"Thanks." I say

"And this is your partner," He says turning to the desk next to us. "Detective Diaz." She looks up at me with a cold look and I smile at her, but she just looks back down at her paperwork. "I will let you get settled in."

"Thank you, Captain." I say as he walks back into his office.

"Good luck." Amy says as she walks back to her desk.

"Good luck?" I ask. I'm not quite sure if she meant, "good luck" as in "good luck in your new job" or "good luck with your new partner." I put my box of things on the desk and sit down.

"Hi." I say to my new partner. "I'm Y/n." I get no response. "Okay. Not a talker."

"Yeah. I try to keep human interaction down to a minimum." She explains with the same emotionless tone in her voice as the Captains as she looks at me with the same cold look.

"Okay." I say confused and start to take the things out my box.

"I'm Rosa." She says. She stretches her hand out and I shake it.

"Nice to meet you." I say. Then she goes back to her work.

"How?" I hear Amy whisper behind me. "They're already on a first name basis." I turn round to Amy with a confused expression on my face. She gives me a quick smile and turns to her computer. What does she mean 'they're already on a first name basis'?

********

A/n this is so bad