Kissing For the Job

"Rosa and Y/n, you two keep a look out for the hand off. Charles you stay here with me." Jake instructs.

"Okay." We all say as I open the car door. Me and Rosa get out the car and hide behind a tree near where we think the hand off would be. We're hoping we will finally find these drugs we've been looking for.

A few minutes pass and no one shows up. "Ugh. This is taking so long." I complain.

"Just wait a few more minutes." Rosa says.

"K." I say. "Sooo."

"I hate small talk." Rosa says.

"I know. Everyone..."

"Y/n." Rosa says.

"What?" I ask.

"They're looking at us." Rosa whispers and I slightly look at the guys staring at us. "What do we do?"

"Emmm." I say as I think. "Don't freak out. Just trust me."

"Wha.." Before she could finish I pull her into a kiss and somehow she kissed back. I hear the two of them talk but I don't know what they're saying. We part and then Rosa jumps out from the tree. "NYPD you're under arrest."

"We are work colleagues." I say panicking about what I just did.

We arrested the two men and got back in the car with Jake and Charles.

"That went well." Jake says to me and Rosa sitting in the back.

"Yup!"

"So good!" We shout awkwardly.

"Are you two okay?" Charles asks.

"I'm fine. How are you Y/n?" Rosa asks.

"Great. Couldn't be better." I reply.

"There's something your not telling us." Jake says. Me and Rosa look at each other.

"Me and Y/n kissed." Rosa says.

"OMG! Tell me everything! Spill." Charles says in excitement.

"It was for the case." I say. "They we're looking right at us and I panicked, so I did the first thing that came to mind."

"Kissing Rosa?" Jake asks.

"Not Just Rosa. If it was Charles instead of Rosa I would have still done it." I lie.

*******

Back at the precinct my shift was over so I was packing up and getting ready to leave.

"Y/n." I hear Rosa say as I put a few things in my bag.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"About what happened earlier," She starts, sounding a little nervous. "Was that kiss really for the case?"

"Yeah, of course it was." I half lie. "Why?"

"I dunno. It just seemed real." She replies. Her voice is different to her usual emotionless tone. It almost sounds like she's disappointed. We stand in complete silence for a few seconds. I don't know what to say.

"Did you want it real?" I ask. I instantly regret asking. She stays silent. "Sorry. You don't need to answer that. I'll see you tomorrow?" I start walking to the lift.

"Or we could go for out for a drink?" Rosa suggests.

"Like a a date?" I ask.

"Yeah." She replies.

"Sure." I say and Rosa smiles. "Rosa smiling?" I tease.

"Shut up." She says and we walk to the lift.