The Bar

"NINE-NINE!" You hear a group of people shout in unison at the bar. You are waiting on a date that was meant to be here half an hour ago. Her lame excuses were: "I got off work late." And "The cab is running late."

She sent the last one 20 minutes ago. You're  seated at a table with a drink looking sad and alone. That will be because you are sad and alone.

The minutes go by and you wonder to yourself: "Why am I still waiting for her to turn up."

Across the room, a woman with curly, raven locks is sitting at the bar talking to some of her colleagues. She notices you sitting alone, your drink now finished and looking at your phone every five seconds just to see if this girl is going to turn up. You spot her looking at you, but she looks away when she realises.

Your phone vibrates signalling that you got a notification. You get a tiny bit excited when you think it could be her, but when you look at your phone it's just an email telling you that you have to pay your phone bill.

"Could this night get any worse."  You think to yourself as your face falls. A second later, a bottle of alcohol is placed in front of you and the raven haired woman sits down in front of you. You look at her, slightly confused to why she has joined you. She notices your confusion.

"You looked lonely." She says. Her voice lacking emotion.

"I'm waiting on someone." You say.

"You've been sitting here for nearly 40 minutes. I don't think they're coming." She says. Her tone not changing.

"Are you stalking me?" You ask

"No." She says almost immediately. You look at your phone to see if there's any message.

"You're right," You say. "She's not coming." You take a drink of the alcohol in front of you.

"What're you going to do now?" She asks you.

"Get drunk?" You ask, not knowing what to do. "That's better than sitting and waiting for someone who's not coming. I'm Y/n by the way."

"Rosa."

"That's a nice name." You compliment, but she rolls her eyes. "What? Do you not like compliments?"

"Nope." She replies and takes a sip of her drink.

"Same." You say. "I don't know what too say back and my face goes all red. Its probably because I don't get much to be honest."

"You don't?" Rosa asks and you nod your head 'no'.

"Why?" You ask her.

"No reason." She replies, almost instantly. You get a notification. It's a text message from the girl you're waiting on. You chuckle at what it says. "What?"

"Sorry, can't make it. I need to stay at work later than I expected. Maybe another time?" You read the text aloud to Rosa. You start typing a reply.

"Don't text her back." Rosa says. "She took so long to text you back, so you shouldn't text her back."

"Okay." You put your phone away. You and Rosa talk for about an hour. Her co-workers thought this was weird, but didn't say anything.

It's 11pm you and Rosa are still talking in the bar.

"I need to go." Rosa says. "I have work in the morning." She gets up from her seat.

"Wait," You say and stand up. "Maybe, we could go out some other time?"

"Yeah." Rosa replies and you give her your number. "See you on Saturday. I'll text you time and where."

"Sure." You say. Rosa smiles. That was first time tonight. "Bye."

"Bye." She leaves and you can't help but smile to yourself.

~~~~~~~

A/N I didn't know how to end this 😬