Just Come Out and Say It

Italics- talking in your head

I walk along the corridor until I stop at the door I'm looking for. I take a deep breath and raise I fist to knock the wooden rectangle in front of me. I hesitate. "Am I really going to do this? Yes. Wait, I shouldn't. Yes, I should! Ugh, you just gave yourself a pep talk as you walked to this door." I start to walk away. "I'll do it another time. No, y/n, you're going to do this rn!!"

I turn back around and stand in front of the door again. "Lets Just get this over and done with." I take another deep breath and knock on the door. I have a signature knock. It's probably really annoying. People usually knock twice, but mine is seven. Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. I guess it's just the way I hear it in my head. The door opens and a tall, curly haired woman stands in front of you.

"Hey." She says. "What're you doing here?"

"Umm..." I start. "You know it's kinda hard to say this but..."

"Y/n!" Rosa says. I hadn't realised I did respond to her question yet. "Are you okay?"

"No." I say. "I need to tell you something I have been meaning to tell you for a long time. It's kind of two parted..." i do this when I'm nervous. I'm not a huge talker, but I just keep going on and on when I'm nervous.

"Y/n, just tell me." Rosa says chucking softly at my jabber.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry" I clear my throat. Hesitate. I open my mouth to speak. "You know I could just do this another day. It's not that important." "Only it is important."

"Okay. You're pep talk you have yourself walking up to my apartment must have been for something then." She says. How does she know about my pep talks. Also, she's right.

"Touché." I reply and Rosa gives me a little smile. I love her smile. She doesn't do it enough. "I guess I'll just say it then." Rosa leans up against her door frame and fold her arms. She knows this is coming to take a long time. I avoid all eye contact with her and take a deep breath then clear my throat again."

"Just, come out and say it."

I chuckle a bit. "Wait, does she know?" My eyes widen.

"This is so fun for me." Rosa says. "Now it's boring. Are you going to tell me or not."

"Yes." I say.

"That doesn't tell em what your gonna do."

"I'm just going to stand here and think if I'm ready to do this or not." I say. "I'm annoying her. I'm annoying myself." I take another deep breath. How many times have I deeply breathed in the past 3 minutes? "Right, okay. I can do this."

"Are you meant to be saying this in your head?" Rosa asks.

"I don't know." I reply.

"Come on, y/n. You can do this." Rosa says slightly mocking me, but it kinda give me a little confidence.

"Okay, now I'm going to say it." I say.

"Okay."

"I'm..." I look down at the floor. "I'm gay." Rosa stays quiet. Probably thinking Im going to say something else. I start to look up and she's just standing there doing nothing. I think of what I'm going to do next. Ahh. I know. "An now I'm gonna do this."

"Wha.." I lean forward and kiss her her. "Y/n, what the hell are you doing?" Rosa slightly hesitates. I don't blame her. I just plonked my lips on hers. Of course she's confused. She kisses back after about two seconds of kissing and then pulls away. We both stand there practically amazed. I don't know why she's amazed. My lips are chapped and rough. There's nothing amazing about that. But hers are soft and smooth and the literal definition of 'amazing'

"Oh, wow. I'm sorry." I say. "Just forget that happened."

"What? No." Rosa says. I laugh and she does too. "So you like me?"

"Of course I like you. I just laid one on you."
"Yeah." I say. "I have for a pretty long time and I've just realised how creepy that sounds."

"Yeah." Rosa says. "I've been a bit creepy too."

"Really?" I ask. As if Rosa has actually liked me all this time.

"Yes really." She says as she slightly pushes me.

"Cool. Cool, cool, cool, cool." I repeat. "That's great. I don't know what to do now."

"Dinner. At Shaws with me. Friday night at 8." Rosa says.

"Smooth." I say. "Why did I say that? I internally face palm myself and cringe at myself. "Sorry. I'll be there."

"Cool." Rosa says with a smile on her face. "I'll see you at work."

"Yeah." I say. "Bye."

"Bye." She closes the door. Once it's fully closed I do a remake of Amy's signature dork dance. I could never be as good at the dance as her. Okay, I need to stop.

_______

This was kinda cringy, but fun to write.
I haven't updated this book in a while cause I haven't had any ideas and I've had no motivation.

If anyone has any requests, please send me them and I will find time to write them. I'm not exactly the creative type so I need a little help with ideas and I also want to know what you all want.

Have a nice day/ night <3