06 | charlie's potential cinderellas

Abaeze Tesfaye was a sight for sore eyes.

Sprawled on his chair leisurely with a pair of thick black rimmed glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose, he let his forehead slightly crease as his olive tinted irises traced the meaningful sentences printed in the book clasped in his hand.

Sahar took a wary step forward as she watched him turn the page, his warm mocha skin, a stark contrast against the crisp ivory paper. Biting down on her crimson glossy lip, wondering why on earth he'd chosen to switch his place to right next to hers, she dumped her bag on the desk beside his.

Twisting his neck to look at her, he smiled, "Hey Sahar."

"Hi," she replied as she slid into her seat with a nod towards the novel in his hand, "The cover looks gorgeous."

Twisted as it was; depicting a short haired, glossy eyed teen practically falling apart into swirls of ribbons, with tiny leaves and flowers growing under her skin, the cover girl was absolutely stunning.

He let his gaze flicker back down, the pad of his thumb swiping over the title ever so lightly, Wilder Girls which was roughly splattered on top, "It oddly compliments the storyline in ways I didn't expect."

Trying not to lose herself in his deep eyes, she pressed her chin into the palm of her beautifully manicured hand, leaning against the tabletop, "What is it about?"

Tilting his head up, he let his calculative gaze linger on her face for a few beats before saying, "An all-girls academy is left quarantined on an island due to a strange disease, and they're surrounded by the school's fence which they know they shouldn't wander past, but well, you know how that story goes."

"Curiosity is lethal," her lips perked into a coy smile as she looked at him through the dark veil of lashes, "Isn't it?"

"Maybe," he shrugged, placing his book away, "But it pales in comparison to a few other things."

She tipped her head to a side, "Such as?"

"You."

"Please students," Ms. Davies' voice bounced off the walls as she called attention, a slight undertone of annoyance to the perfect professionalism, "Take your seats. Thank you."

Sahar shot him an innocent smile, somehow looking more devilish with the twist of her crimson lips, before leaning back in her chair, eyes locking on the feminine figure that stood facing the rich kids.

The teacher's sharp eyes flew to the doorway, narrowing slightly as she watched Emmet and Czarina step in, fingers laced together, "Thank you very much for joining us. If you could just answer a simple little question first, Emmet?"

He raised a bored brow.

She exhaled in slight exasperation before painting a saccharine smile on her face, "Act 2, scene 1. What was the dispute between King Oberon and his Queen Titania concerning?"

"Well," Emmet started, each pair of tinted irises zeroed on himself, "Him refusing to go down on her?"

Chuckle and giggles blanketed the classroom, Sahar watched in amusement as the teacher's face flushed a light pink, and she chided, "Mr. Ford!"

"Gee, it was a gues-"

"The stolen Indian prince," Czarina spoke swiftly, her tone clipped and frozen as she squeezed his hand, "It was concerning the stolen baby." 

"Just take a seat before I throw both of you out." She continued as the couple walked between the benches, sitting behind Abaeze and Sahar, "Silence everyone. Find yourself a group of 4. You'll be partners for the project."