10 | golden boy silver tongue

Unabashed, his fingers dropped to her side, wrapping around her hip, in plain sight of students around as they walked down the corridor. A few lingering glimpses brimming with skepticism were shot towards them before they hurriedly scrambled to turn away.

Her heartbeat spiked, and she almost forgot how to breathe when he leaned closer, his lips brushing against her earlobe, "Well, if you're gonna start dating my best friend you might as well get used to me being around."

A spark of fury broke through the haze in her head. It was hard to manipulate someone who already knew him well, and even harder when every word from his mouth only managed to piss them off.

Almond shaped nails pierced his skin forming crimson crescents and rewarding her with a pained wince from Reeve.

He yanked his hand away with a scowl, which soon warped into a smirk as he watched her rub his smeared blood from the tips of her perfectly manicured nails to his crisp white shirt.

Reeve Cooper was a golden boy with a silver tongue, looking down his aristocratic nose on practically everyone. Unhealthily obsessed and thriving on chaos, his searching fingers seemingly always reached out for more. They thought Ezekiel was evil, but he was a mere puppet in Reeve's petty games. It was easier to wreak havoc and pull the strings from behind the official king as the unnamed ruler. He was truly wicked, and he was cold-hearted. He lacked the normal streak of empathy, encouraging Ezekiel when he was being awful, whispering worse ideas, and pointing out the upside.

"Try to avoid being around, at all." She commented offhandedly.

"Retract your claws, wildcat," he said, a lopsided grin forming on his soft lips, the forgotten nickname rolling off his tongue, "I'm only here to talk."

"You can talk without your unwanted hands on me."

"Now that's just mean." he said, the utter nonchalance in his eyes, making her want to claw them out.

Reeve was her true competitor. Ezekiel was too easy.

"Say, Cooper," she tipped her head to a side, giving him a once-over, her eyes trailing over his jelled back hair down to the straight slope of his nose and his crisp uniform shirt, "You led him to me, didn't you?"

He chuckled lightly, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pressed solid slacks, "Why would you think so, love?"

"I don't know, you were watching as he first approached me, him taking me to your apartment right after," him not being able to use his brain and depending on you, "Take your pick."

The corners of his mouth curled almost as if he'd heard the thought that bounced in her head, before he traced his tongue across his bottom lip, eyes flickering over her features, darkening a few seductive shades, "Why did we stop hooking up, again?"

Her thoughts took a sardonic turn. He'd traced hearts on her skin only to break them.

It infuriated her that even after all this time he still knew how to tick her off. He was almost rubbing it in her face that he knew he still affected her.

"Because you seem to think that expensive deodorants can make up for lack of showering." She said instead with a careless shrug.