Chapter 2

It's funny for Evan to see his mother fixing up her makeup and dressing for the party tonight, even though their marriage has been a complete façade for two years already. He's wondering if he's going to see that girl there. Thinking about it, he never managed to see her when he dropped by the office.

His scars itch. The dressings were supposed to be removed today, but the scars start bleeding again, so they decided to keep them for a few more days.

They annoy him, as they remind him how fragile he can be sometimes. He always hated himself for that...

Roger texts him, it's funny he always recognises his "Family Guy" ringtone, one of his favourite shows which always reminds him of him. He's somewhere lost in Brixton drunk with a couple of friends. Oh that guy...

He smiles, at least he was one of the few people that actually did that to him. He replies back with a "Going to a boring party." He puts himself in front of a mirror. Didn't look that bad! And this time was wearing something that his mum would be proud of, not bad! Karen shows up at the lounge shouting that her dress looked awful, well a total mayhem like always, but at least they looked like a normal family.

Travelling again to central London was a total boredom, although this time they were driving, but the traffic was awful.

He couldn't stop staring at his mum. While driving her mind was always in the same spot, his dad. Again last night he didn't come home. That has been quite normal in their lives lately. Crazy mum, absent dad.

At least she wasn't acting like a total freak, this time he could read some hope in her thoughts. That wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all...

Rain starts falling and rapidly the windows get wet. He gazes to the outside completely emerged in his thoughts while watching people going fast in their vehicles like ants trying to quickly get to their destinations.

It was sad to be a human being, in such short years you had to do so much and people expected so much from you! You were born and rapidly thrown into a school and have your soul completely drained from its freedom from the start, then without noticing you're an adult, you have to work, pay your bills, have a family, being responsible.

And again without noticing years go by and you're dead, and what about then? Still no freedom as God punished us all with these heavy chains, as whatever you do you are thrown to either Heaven or Hell, no choice here. If you're smart enough you'll end up wandering around for all eternity.

Fuck this shit!

He wakes up from his own thoughts, as the windows start vibrating and the air smelled weird. Something was wrong here.

He could see the skyscrapers from there, and even though the towers electric lights illuminated everything, the ominous clouds surrounding them gave them a heavy look.

They arrive at the hotel, where the party was taking place, and immediately someone comes to open them the door. He looks around, he heard about this place in the telly, and felt overwhelmed to be there in person. Immediately tries to make a joke out of it but only get a cold stare from his mum and a disapproval one from Karen.

The classic music plays loud from the big salon, as couples everywhere dance following the rhythmic sound. Although this was a very cheerful place, here and there he'd capture a cold stare, strong enough to make the room cold, not to mention the quantity of tall people, all of them so beautiful, so perfect...

Someone bumps into one of his shoulder, coming out with an immediate apologetic excuse but when he prepares himself to reply something rude, he's stroked to see Henry staring at him with the same surprised face.