Chapter 4

Zatanna rolled out of bed, throwing on the first outfit she saw. She just brushed her hair and ran down the stairs to see Tom and Kate waiting. Steve and her mother were talking to one another. Zatannas nose wrinkled and she just walked toward the door.

"We were going to take you three to school today." her mom said, but Zatanna just shrugged in response and walked out the door. She didn't pay attention to anyone until she got to the school.

When Dick stepped put of his car, he avoided eye contact with her, and walked right past Zatanna without a word. She looked confused, but decided against questioning him.

A girl followed Dick, that was when Zatanna got curious. She watched the girl as she grabbed Dicks shoulder, spun him around and they kissed.

The worst part? He kissed her first. She cringed and looked down, ignoring it. Whats the big deal? Hes single! Thats what she kept telling herself until she saw Artemis and M'gann, she retreated to them to try and get the image out of her head.

Zatanna was in a bad mood all day. Answering everyone with 'yeah, sure' or a simple hum. So, after school, when a thin, shaggy haired boy nervously asked her on a date thats exactly what she did.

"Yeah, sure." then her head shot up as she processed what he said. He looked so accomplished and happy. He quickly handed her a piece of paper and ran off.

She was still in shock. After a moment she looked at the paper, where there was an address, time, number, and name. "Dylan?" she muttered and stuffed the paper in her pocket.

She was going to go out of her way to find him and explain what happened, until Dick had asked to hang out later today at around the same time as the date. "Can't I have a date." Zatanna didn't know if it was out of pure spite or not, but the surprised and hurt look on his face answered her question.

The address lead her to an abandoned building, one of the most popular ones in the city. Dylan was standing by the entrance, waiting for her. He smiled and held his arms out, gesturing to the building.

"Romantic." was all Zatanna said, he breathed out a laugh and handed her a flashlight. Dylan slowly opened the door, a shiver ran down her spine when she heard the creak.

Meanwhile...Wally and Artemis were on the way to their homes, they left a bit later, for Wally had to talk to one of his teachers.

The redhead grabbed her hand, she smiled and looked over to him. Artemis wore a long-sleeved shirt and sweatpants, even though it was almost summer. Wally didn't really mind it.

What was bugging him was when, in the morning, he grabbed her wrist, and in response the blonde gasped and turned, fear evident on her face, and flinching when he touched her face.

Wally wouldn't admit it, but it hurt. Why would she flinch, that wasn't like Artemis. She was brave and bold. He was taken back into reality when Artemis gave him a small kiss and let go of his hand. This must be his house.

"You want to come in?" he asked her, and she breathed out a small laugh. "No, not after your mom walked on on us." he pursed his lips and laughed. "How about I go to your house?" her eyes widened and she quickly shook her head.

"My dads way to uh-overprotective." he raised an eyebrow and nodded. "See you." he said and gave her a butterfly kiss, and walked off.