Chapter 8

Are you sure?" Zatanna asked, and Dick nodded, taking her hand and smiling. "No." he muttered back honestly, bringing her hand up to his mouth and kissing it. A blush crossed her cheeks and she pulled her hand away.

"I'm still 'dating' Dylan." she said, putting air quotes around dating. Dick sighed and shook his head. "Yeah, I know." he shifted on the teens bed. "Won't stop me from kissing you." he said with a smile on his face, which she gladly returned.

"Zatanna! Dinner!" Sindella called, Zatanna rolled her eyes and kissed Dick on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow." he nodded and stood up, walking toward the window. "Is that a date?" she laughed and nodded her head, before walking out of her room and downstairs.

Tom was on his phone, as well as Kate. Steve and Sindella were talking to each other, before practically forcing the two other kids phones put of they're hands.

"Zatanna!" Steve welcomed and gestured a seat for her. She raised an eyebrow. "Can I just...bring my food upstairs?" Sindella gave her a glare as an answer, and with a sigh she sat down.

The Next Day...

Artemis groaned, and grabbed Wallys wrist, weakly pulling him back to his bed. He laughed, and sat down on the bed. "We've got to start getting ready, we have to meet up with Dick and Zatanna, remember?" the blonde nodded in response.

She slowly got up, stretching and rubbing her eyes. She sat there, deep in thought as Wally got dressed. "Are you sure your mom doesn't mind me staying here? In your room no less." she inquired, as she rolled off the bed and pulled on some leggings that she had bought the other night, along with some other clothes.

Wally shook his head with a smile. "You ask this every other hour, yes, its okay." he said, tossing her a shirt. His mom didn't even know why she had to stay there, but she welcomed the blonde with open arms.

She got on her knees, searching for her socks. Lifting up the blanket and sticking her head under the bed. Wally laughed "There over here." he said, and she came back from under, but she held a box.

"What are these?" Artemis asked, and the redhead went over to her, and smiled. "These old movies I watched as a kid." he opened the box and looked through it. "Movie night?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek.

The blonde nodded, and he pulled away, and walked to the other side of the room, opening his closet. She kept looking through the box. She pulled out a familiar-looking one and a smile turned into a frown. 'Alice in Wonderland.'

There she sat, on her twin sized bed in their torn up apartment. Her legs swinging back and forth. Jade walked in, mumbling things under her breath as she walked into the room, a duffel back swung over her shoulder.

"You can't leave!" Artemis pleaded, jumping off from her bed, and grabbing onto her older sisters leg. Jade looked down and raised an eyebrow. "Sorry sis." she set the bag down and stuffed it with clothes.

"But one of us has to be here when mom gets back from her mission!" Jade's eyes dulled and she froze. Artemis clutched onto her leg harder. "Moms dead Artemis." Jade spat out before returning to pack.

"Lawrence killed her." Artemis felt the entire world crumble around her. She didn't quite understand death, all she knew was that mom wasn't coming back.

Tears flowed down, and she buried her face in Jades pant leg. "W-why would Dad do that?" she could hear Jade's bag zip up. "Lawrence." Jade corrected, peeling Artemis off of her leg.

"He stopped being a dad a long time ago." she opened the window and looked back to Artemis, for longer than she intended. "Bye." the blonde muttered out, but Jade was already out of the place, shutting the window behind her.

"Earth to Artemis!" Wally called, shaking a hand in front of her face. She shook her head for a moment and smiled at him. "Sorry I zoned out." he raised an eyebrow, but shrugged.

The redhead threw Artemis her socks before running out the door. She once more looked at the movie and sighed, carefully setting it down and following Wally out.