Chapter 9

She couldnt believe that she was doing this. A suitcase in hand, she looked at the large house in front of her. With a deep breath, Artemis knocked on one of the double doors. Her heart pumping, and she had a nervous feeling in her stomach.

The door opened, and a blonde woman opened the door, she wore a black shirt, that showed cleavage, along with a leather jacket and black leggings. She looked aggravated at first, until she noticed who it was.

"Oh! Come on in!" she said, a smile on her face. Artemis just nodded, before slowly walking in. "Ollie! Shes here!" Artemis felt her throat get dry.

"I'm coming Dinah!" a blonde man, with a goatee ran in, he was wearing a suit, and was in the middle of trying to tie his tie.

Artemis wondered why she even took Wally up on this option. Of course, she knew staying with Wally was only a temporary thing, but bothering this couple with her presence?

"Im Oliver." he said, putting a hand out, the woman behind him, Dinah, mouthed 'Ollie' to her. Artemis grabbed his hand and shook it, she felt herself shaking. What was going on? She was never this nervous, ever.

"Your room is upstairs, at the end of the hall, make yourself at home." Ollie explained with a smile, gesturing to the stairs. "Dinah and I will be back at around 10." Dinah gave her a guilty face, Artemis was supposed to show up tomorrow, but plans changed and here she was.

The archer just nodded, "Thank you." she announced, and walked up the stairs, lifting her suitcase up as she did so. "She'll fit in just fine Ollie, Wally said she was a nice girl." she heard Dinah say, and a small laugh from Oliver afterwards.

Artemis chose to ignore the couples conversation, and opened her bedroom door, at the very end of the hall. She had to do a double-take. It was huge. A large flat screen TV, a king sized bed, a walk-in-closet, and her own bathroom connected to it.

It was so open. So many things to do with it. Closing the door behind her, she decided to start emptying her suitcase. The walk-in-closet was larger than her old bedroom. All of her clothes barely fit up a quarter of it, or course, her old clothes were back with Lawrence.

The bathroom was also very large. Having all the normal things a bathroom would have, along with a large towel rack and a few robes hung up.

The bedroom itself was very open. The king-sized bed had a light green blanket, which she noticed was probably Olivers favorite color. On both sides of the bed were bed-side tables. Many feet across from the bed was probably the largest TV shes ever seen. (And their living room TV was bigger than that!) Near the bed was a nice, black leather couch.

Artemis had never felt so spoiled in her life. She soon left her room and showed herself around the large house. Turns put they have a gym, which she will definitely be using, and an archery range! This place was like her heaven!

If only it had Wally.

The next day...Zatanna slammed her fist against the table. "I dont care! Tom and Kate are scared of me! Scared because of these lies you told them!" Sindella rolled her eyes, and Zatannas brows furrowed. "You were always like your father." the woman muttered, and took a sip of her wine.

"You're the reason hes dead!" Zatanna exclaimed, "If you weren't a whore he would still be here!" Sindella turned red with anger and pointed toward the stairs. "Room. Now." she demanded, and Zatanna promptly turned on her heel and walked to the front door. "Zatanna I said-" the door slammed before Sindella could finish the sentence.

Zatanna continued her way down the street, her hands stuck in her jacket pockets and her mind was just blank. She only felt anger, but thought nothing. She just kept walking

Then, she stopped, she was blocks away from her house, the cool midnight air blowing against her face. Thoughts, thoughts that she had never managed to get until now, raced through her head.

Usually, she would go somewhere else for the night after a fight with her mom, those fights mainly included just a few screams, never have they brought up Giovanni. Zatanna thought that she and Sindella had silently agreed that it should be an untouched topic.

She closed her eyes tightly and sighed, where was she going to go? It was usually Artemis' house, but she recently learned what was happening in her friends life.

Zatanna pulled her phone out, and with a deep breath she called Megan. She answered on the third ring. "Hello?" the redhead answered with a yawn.

"Hey Megan, uh, you mind if I stay the night?" there was a few moments of silence, for a while Zatanna thought she fell back asleep. "Of course." she then heard, and a smile crossed the teens face.

"Thanks." Zatanna said, before hanging up, and continued her way down the street.

Meanwhile...Wally brought his phone up to his ear, it took awhile until the other end answered. "Kid, its almost one in the morning, what is it?" Wally sighed "Uncle Barry, I have a favor to ask."

He could hear Barry shuffle out of bed. The last call they had like this, Wally told Barry about his father. "What kind of favor?" he was wide awake now and Wally could tell he was getting dressed.

"You know Artemis, right?" Wally questioned and Barry stopped and groaned. "You called me at 1 AM for girl troubles?" the redheads breath hitched.

"No! No no." Wally insisted, his voice was shaky. "I-You remember when...when I called you ahout Rudolph?" Barry scoffed, he sounded disgusted by the name. "Yeah, hows that situation like Artemis?"

Wally hesitated before he opened his mouth once again, this time he was going to say it, this time Artemis would be safe, and Lawrence would be where he needed.