Chapter 7

Artemis stirred awake upon hearing a door creak open. She groaned and slowly sat up, it was from downstairs. At first, she thought Wally had snuck out, but that thought was shut down when his arms wrapped around her and pulled the blonde toward him.

Artemis started to drift back off to sleep, but then she hears footsteps going toward her room. "Wally." she muttered, pulling his arms off of her. Hr rubbed his eyes and hummed.

Before she could say there was someone in the house, her eyes shot open and her hesrt raced. "Wally, Lawrence is home you need to go." she whisper yelled at him, he sat up and looked over to her "Are you serious?" he slurred, and started to get up.

"Why would I joke about this Wally? Get dressed quick." she got up as well, wearing an oversized t-shirt and no pants. While he had just his boxers on. He pulled his jeans on, still only half-awake.

"Artemis?" a voice boomed from on the other side of the door. Artemis put her hands on Wallys chest and pushed him into her closet, putting a finger to her mouth before shutting the door.

"Yeah?" she called back to him and the door opened. "It's 3 in the morning whats going on in here?" he questioned, and her lips thinned. "Couldn't sleep." she answered with a shrug.

Lawrence scratched the side of his face and sighed. He looked around the room, before pointing to the floor. "Whats that." it was more of a statement, instead of a question.

She looked to where he was pointing and she sucked in a breath. It was Wallys shirt. He stepped closer to her. "I leave for a few weeks and you have men over to hook up with?"

"Man." she corrected, and Lawrence breathed out a laugh and shook his head. He grabbed her wrist and dragged her downstairs.

The next morning..."Dick I need to tell you whats going on." Zatanna said, and Dick side eyed her. Zatanna sat down next to him and sighed. "Dylan and I aren't really dating." he laughed, and shook his head before standing up.

"Seemed like it." he announced, crossing his arms over his chest. "I did it to help him! Just like you did for me with May!" she exclaimed and his head dropped for a moment before staring straight at her.

"Whatever hes telling you that your 'helping' him with, I assure you is a lie." Dick stated, and Zatanna shot up, and pointed a finger at him. "Dick I want to date you believe me! But I need to help Dylan!"

Dicks brows furrowed and he shook his head. "This is unbelievable! Why do you have to fake date a guy?" her lips thinned and she stepped closer to him.

"H-Hes gay." she muttered, loud enough for him to hear. Dick shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You didnt have to say yes Zee!" she bit her lip.

"I know, but someone was going to expose him and I didn't want something so important to him just to be let out there like that!" Zatanna ranted.

Dick sat down and held his head in his hands. "Okay." was all he said before standing back up and walking away.

Later...Wally sat down at his desk with a sigh, rubbing his neck. He fell asleep in the closet last night, and didn't leave until 5 AM. Artemis sat down next to him, wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

He turned to her and gave the blonde a sleepy smile. "Sorry about last night, I should've gotten out when I could." he said, rubbing the back of his neck.