C h a p t e r T w o

;of Family

>>

The day after I signed the contract, we decided to release the news to our family before Declan inform the public. Tonight, I will be moving into Declan's pent house. I will still keep my apartment. In case we decided to end things early, I could move back here.

I placed my box near the door and Declan walked in, looking around my apartment and then back to Titan, my brown Labrador, "Are you bringing your mutt?"

"Titan," I corrected him, "Yes, he's with me."

"He's not sleeping in any of my room," He crunched his nose up, as if he smells something bad.

I rolled my eyes and took my bags, "Get your men to bring all these boxes. We can leave now,"

"What about your mutt?"

"His name is Titan," I glared at Declan, picking my Titan's leash. Titan wagged his tail, his tongue rolling out. I saw Declan flinched at Titan's action. Too bad, he needs to get used to it. "He will stay at my parents' until I settle down at your place,"

"I don't have a backyard for him,"

"I will bring him along to work and go for jog every night. Titan is coming with me no matter what you say. Give it up," I nudged him and signaled Titan to jump into Declan's black Maserati GranTurismo back seat.

Declan groaned, "I just washed my car!"

"Stop whining," I snapped and buckled my seatbelt. Declan let out an exasperated breath and started the car, "He better not ruin my seat,"

"Shut up and drive," I rolled my eyes. After spending a day with him, I realized Declan can seriously get on my nerves. We both are stubborn, we both have our own opinions but we both know where to draw lines between us.

>>

I could see Declan was nervous about meeting my family. When I told my family about bringing my fiancé back to meet them, they went crazy. They were surprised that I was dating and thought I wasn't into relationship.

I smiled at Declan who parked outside of my parents' house and he cleared his throat, shifting in his seat. "So our story,"

"We met in the clubhouse, because of your identity; we kept it a secret until we decided to get married. We are supposedly to be in love, you look like you are going to piss in your pants," I teased.

Declan narrowed his eyes at me, "I will said the same to you later when you meet my family,"

"It's my pleasure to meet Eatons," I broke into a smile, hiding my real emotion. I will feel the same later but now, let's just focus on convincing my family.

Declan threw a green Tiffany's box to me and I immediately know what's that. I opened it up and it was a five carat diamond ring sitting in the box, mocking at me.

It's fine, Thea. For your family.

I took the ring, put it on my finger and placed the box on the dashboard.

Declan was studying me the whole time. His face was casual and unrevealing, "Let's go,"

It was Cory who ran out of the house to greet us first. I let Titan out and Titan ran to greet Cory Lamar. Cory was Harper's four years old son. Harper was gone even before Cory knows how to speak. She was married to Jonas Lamar for two years. Jonas worked as a fireman.

Declan laced his fingers with mine and leaned slightly to me. The slight thickness of his voice sent ripples of this weird feeling through my spine, "We are supposed to be in love, baby,"